CL Business Insights Summer Intern
Job Description SummaryDo you want to be part of a team on the leading edge of making data-driven automation advancements in Commercial Insurance? Do you want to enable significant ease-of-doing-business improvements for our agents to deliver upon our strategy? Our team has been challenged to break new ground in order to provide highly impactful agent experiences and to achieve business results that will advance our presence in the Small Commercial market.
• Extracts and manipulates data from internal and external data sources to position it for root cause, exploratory analysis. Leverages programming languages like R/Python/SQL to curate data.
• Develops custom analyses and views for functional business areas.
• Plans and manages execution of work, participates in planning and delivers on commitments.
• Leverages statistical inferencing when conducting analysis. Communicates significance in findings when working with business partners.
• Participates in special projects and teams as needed to provide business support.
Skills/Qualifications Desired: Technical skills: Tableau, SQL, R/Python, Excel, PowerPoint. Business skills: problem solving, driving insights and recommendations through analytics, storytelling with data. Undergrad, Masters, or MBA level Juniors and Senior preferred.
#WayUpSmoke-Free Iowa Statement: Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, its affiliates and subsidiaries comply with the Iowa Smokefree Air Act. Smoking is prohibited in all enclosed areas on or around company premises as well as company issued vehicles. The company offers designated smoking areas in which smoking is permitted at each individual location. The Act prohibits retaliation for reporting complaints or violations. For more information on the Iowa Smokefree Air Act, individuals may contact the Smokefree Air Act Helpline at 888-944-2247.