Image Analyst I-CIARC
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Foundation
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
1. Perform advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis of study images for the purposes of system and technician certification. Complex non-routine tasks include development in concert with principal investigator, scientific director, and clinical research project specialist (CRPS) study-specific parameters, grading procedures, and study certifications that meet the study-specific inclusion/exclusion criteria and endpoints.
2. Devise and develop new study-/disease-specific imaging protocols and techniques which include required study procedures (site procedure manuals, study parameters, and literature searches to insure procedures are consistent with industry standards). Work with programmer to develop grading database to insure clean and consistent grading of study-specific parameters devising study-specific rules for acceptable limits.
3. Train and monitor certification and study procedure implementation of new protocols and ongoing protocols for participating clinical sites. Communicate with project coordinator to assure adherence to study timelines related to data locks and transfers.
4. Supervise staff training as related to image analysis tasks (image verification, loading into image and grading databases, general image analyst orientation for new staff and students). May co-author research projects.
5. In collaboration with project coordinator, principal investigator, and scientific director, identify QA image set and supervise QA grading among junior and senior image analysts. Review QA data with principal investigator and scientific director, devising training plans and corrective action as required.
Required Credentials, License, and / or Certifications.
Experience & Knowledge:
2-5 years of experience. Ophthalmic image/analysis capture experience required. Digital image and analysis experience required. Computer literacy; ability to integrate research findings; data input and word processing; basic research skills.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
This role encounters Protected Health Information (PHI) as part of regular responsibilities. UH employees must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain PHI for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.