Clinical Research Nurse Specialist II, RN - Peds Hematology/Onc
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Foundation
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
Provide safe and efficient age-specific nursing care to patients/families using the nursing process in combination with clinical research protocol requirements. Works in collaboration with the Principal Investigator to coordinate and implement assigned clinical research studies in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines:
1. Responsible for submission of related documents to the appropriate research review committees and maintenance of regulatory documentation.
2. Performs day-to-day activities related to clinical research studies including: recruit and screens participants, obtain informed consent, educate participants regarding study requirements, and complete source documents and case report forms (CRFs).
3. Conducts nursing assessments of research participants including appropriate reporting.
4. Documents, records and assimilates accurate participant records and study records to ensure documentation compliance with sponsor guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and internal and external regulatory agencies.
5. Establish and maintain communications with Investigator, Sponsor and other internal constituents.
Diploma in Nursing, Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Master of Nursing (MN) from an accredited nursing program required. BSN preferred.
Required Credentials, License, and / or Certifications.
Experience & Knowledge:
o Two years of clinical experience in patient care is required and at least 2-4 years of clinical research experience. (Advanced degree may offset experience.)
o Ability to prioritize the work of multiple projects.
o Experience in a team setting desirable.
o Knowledge of GCP and FDA guidelines.
UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
Recognized as one of the Best Children’s Hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report for 29 consecutive years. UH Rainbow is the only designated Level 1 pediatric trauma center in Northeast Ohio.
University Hospitals is a national leader in healthcare that takes pride in calling North-East, Ohio home. With more than 150 locations throughout Cleveland and the surrounding metropolitan areas, UH provides unique opportunities to deliver world-class care in the communities where our employees live, work, and play.