Under the direct supervision of senior research staff, assists the Principal Investigator and study team on delegated duties to support clinical trials.
- Assists with the organization and maintenance of study files and documents (25% Competency 2)
- Assists with the recruitment and retention of research subjects (10% Competency 3)
- Assists with study visits and procedures under the direct supervision of the PI and senior study staff (10% Competency 1,2,3)
- Assists with processing, storage, and shipment of research samples (10%, competency 1)
- Performs other duties as delegated and trained by the study team. (5% Competency 1,2,3)
Required For All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- For specific duties and responsibilities, refer to documentation provided by the department during orientation.
- Must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
- High School Equivalent / GED Required
- Some college Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Medical Terminology. Preferred
- Familiarity with basic laboratory equipment. Ability to work in a team-setting Preferred
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills. Required
- Knowledge of sample processing techniques Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection (CITI) Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- DOT/IATA Training Required
- Standing Frequently
- Walking Frequently
- Sitting Rarely
- Lifting Frequently 50 lbs
- Carrying Frequently 50 lbs
- Pushing Frequently 50 lbs
- Pulling Frequently 50 lbs
- Climbing Occasionally 50 lbs
- Balancing Occasionally
- Stooping Frequently
- Kneeling Frequently
- Crouching Frequently
- Crawling Occasionally
- Reaching Frequently
- Handling Frequently
- Grasping Frequently
- Feeling Constantly
- Talking Constantly
- Hearing Constantly
- Repetitive Motions Constantly
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Constantly
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.