Provide safe and efficient age-specific nursing care to patients/families using the nursing process in combination with clinical research protocol requirements. Works in collaboration with the Principal Investigator to coordinate and implement assigned clinical research studies in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines
- Responsible for submission of related documents to the appropriate research review committees and maintenance of regulatory documentation.
- Performs day-to-day activities related to clinical research studies including: recruit and screens participants, obtain informed consent, educate participants regarding study requirements, and complete source documents and case report forms (CRFs).
- Conducts nursing assessments of research participants including appropriate reporting.
- Documents, records and assimilates accurate participant records and study records to ensure documentation compliance with sponsor guidelines, standard operating procedures (SOP) and internal and external regulatory agencies.
- Establish and maintain communications with Investigator, Sponsor and internal constituents.
Required For All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- For specific duties and responsibilities, refer to documentation provided by the department during orientation.
- Must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
- (BSN) Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing . Required
- 2+ years of clinical experience in patient care Required and
- clinical research experience Preferred and
- Experience in a team setting Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to prioritize the work of multiple projects. Required
- Knowledge of GCP and FDA guidelines. Required
- Detail-oriented person with the ability to collect, compile, and analyze information. Required
- Ability to understand and communicate research protocol requirements to others. Required
- Able to work independently on multiple tasks and manage time effectively. Required
- Medical terminology. Required
- Effective verbal, written and communication skills. Required
- Computer skills : Excel, Access and Word. Required
- Travel may be. Required
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of Ohio Required and
- Certification in Human Subjects Protection (CITI) Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, and CITI Training Required and
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Required and
- OH Driver’s License (Valid) with car insurance coverage. Required
Additional Licenses and Certifications
- DOT/IATA Training Required
- in the State of Ohio Required and
- Good Clinical Practices, HIPAA, and CITI Training Required and
- Required and
- with car insurance coverage. Required
- Standing Frequently
- Walking Frequently
- Sitting Rarely
- Lifting Frequently 50 lbs
- Carrying Frequently 50 lbs
- Pushing Frequently 50 lbs
- Pulling Frequently 50 lbs
- Climbing Occasionally 50 lbs
- Balancing Occasionally
- Stooping Frequently
- Kneeling Frequently
- Crouching Frequently
- Crawling Occasionally
- Reaching Frequently
- Handling Frequently
- Grasping Frequently
- Feeling Constantly
- Talking Constantly
- Hearing Constantly
- Repetitive Motions Constantly
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Constantly
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.