Manager, Retention Lifecycle Marketing
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Growth Team is in charge of expanding Upstart’s reach to the millions of Americans without access to affordable credit. We are energized by the prospect of breaking ground in our field and making a positive impact on people’s financial lives.
As the Manager, Retention Lifecycle Marketing at Upstart, you will be responsible for building a long-term retention and customer engagement marketing strategy within Retention for existing Personal Loan, Auto Refinance Loan, and HELOC customers. You will ideate, prioritize, execute, and report on journeys that deepen a customer’s relationship with Upstart. Your primary lever will be email, with the opportunity to expand into additional digital channels.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote
Time Zone Requirements - The team operates on the East/West coast time zones.
Travel Requirements - As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular onsites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Drive growth from existing customers via the ideation, launch, and optimization of omni-channel journeys
- Responsibility for E2E execution of said journeys, including business strategy definition, creative strategy, success metrics, and read-out of results
- Bridge the gap between a technical development teams, product, and a strategic marketing team by creating detailed requirements for projects, like audience criteria and if/then logic
- Size and estimate potential project impact on CAC, revenue, and other KPIs
- Help build and execute against a hypothesis-driven testing roadmap for owned journeys
- Identify cross-functional opportunities to improve the customer lifecycle, and provide strategic and operational leadership to those projects
- Uplevel the team’s processes and documentation of journeys
- Determine reporting requirements and maintain dashboards, in partnership with Analytics
- Launch new channels and utilize new vendors to uplevel the overall customer lifecycle
- Partner with Creative team to build visually seamless, highly engaging touchpoints
- With the wider business, share plans, results, learnings, and best practices
- Serve as a CRM and lifecycle marketing subject matter expert on the Growth team
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years experience in lifecycle marketing, with a focus on Retention strongly preferred
- A proven track record at driving measurable results toward KPIs
- Ability to pull and translate complex data results into actionable, revenue-driving insights with minimal assistance
- Advanced skill in spreadsheet tools
- A strong understanding of statistical testing principles within CRM
- Demonstrated success in managing complex cross-functional projects with business, technical, and creative stakeholders
- A self-starter who sees challenges as opportunities and is a creative problem-solver
- Hands-on experience in enterprise level marketing platforms (we use Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly driven and results-oriented work ethic
- Experience with SMS and/or mobile push strongly preferred
- Bonus if you’ve worked with a CDP
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.