Senior Enterprise Dealer Success Manager
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Auto Retail, Dealer Success Management team fills a critical role in our company voicing the needs and suggestions of our customers in our product development. They build long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with their contacts, always striving to find the products which best fit the individual needs of the client
As the Enterprise Dealer Success Manager on our Auto Retail team, you will play a pivotal role in the company as the main point of contact for our largest and most influential Dealership Groups. You are proactive and passionate about company products and the clients you serve. To succeed in this position, candidates should have exceptional communication, organization, and problem-solving skills. You should be resourceful, analytical, adaptable, and technically savvy with the ability to build rapport with clients. The Enterprise Dealer Success Manager works well cross unctionally with internal team members to solve problems.
As an Enterprise Dealer Success Manager, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the success and growth of our Enterprise Dealer Partners. You will be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our Enterprise Dealer Network, driving adoption of products and services, and overseeing their overall satisfaction. Through proactive communication, strategic planning, and effective problem-solving, you will help our Enterprise Groups achieve their business objectives while upholding Upstarts mission and standards of excellence. You will be responsible to manage relationships with corporate contacts along with key stakeholders at individual rooftops. This role will require cross functional collaboration with internal teams through proper escalation channels as needed.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote
Travel Requirements - Travel requirements can be up to 65% to dealerships. This team also has regular onsite collaboration sessions. These occur 2 days per Quarter at the San Mateo, CA, Austin, TX, or Columbus, OH, office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and explain product value.
- Guide customers through the onboarding process and provide training virtually, or in person.
- Build relationships with clients based on trust and respect.
- Collaborate with internal departments to facilitate client need fulfillment.
- Keep impeccable account notes and records in Salesforce.
- Maintain updated knowledge of company products and services.
- Act as a liaison between the customer and our product, engineering and support teams.
- Resolve complaints and prevent additional issues by improving processes.
- Identify industry trends.
- Act as a client advocate with a focus on improving the buyer experience.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of Automotive Dealership relationship management experience
- Experience in a customer-facing role required, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRMExceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and understand new technologies
- Ability to analyze data for your customers and communicate trends
- Adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others within the company and externally
- Understanding of consumer behaviors and industry trends in Automotive
- Must live within 50 miles of the following airports: New York, Boston, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Dallas, Austin, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Salt Lake City
- Preferred qualifications:
- Start-up experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, communications, or related field preferred
- Familiarity with automotive dealership tools like CRM’s, DMS systems, (etc).
- General understanding of the automotive sales process.
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.