dublin, oh, usa
Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is looking for an experienced Release Engineer to be a part of our CRM Release Management team. This person will help deliver software releases, maintain SaaS environments, and support our product and technology teams at Veeva. The Veeva CRM department is team-oriented and works collaboratively to deliver a high-quality SaaS CRM product across multiple platforms (Unix/Linux, iOS, and Windows). If you are highly motivated, a quick learner, and desire to work with industry-leading technologies, then look no further.
What You'll Do
- Plan, coordinate and lead deployments of major product releases, and weekly maintenance and hotfix releases
- Ensure all changes are documented, approved, and monitored appropriately
- Manage change control process for development and release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Provide deployment instructions and provide guidance to Operations teams
- Deliver releases/upgrades to SaaS instances with focus and precision
- Work cross-functionally with teams including QA, Engineering, PM, Customer Support, and Operations
- Administration of Veeva CRM environments in Salesforce
- Run automated regression suites and verify outcomes
- Add to online documentation of the release process and knowledge base
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to code releases on orgs on the Salesforce platform
- Provide timely support and expertise to internal Veeva teams
- Provision, build-out, and maintain new instances/orgs of Veeva CRM environments
- Automate release tasks and build processes
- Troubleshoot mobile app and release package builds managed by tools like Jenkins and Mavens
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Salesforce org administration and Lightning Experience
- SaaS product delivery experience
- Self-starter with strong analytic and problem-solving skills and the ability to identify issues and bring them to resolution
- Deep understanding of SDLC, SQA processes, and agile methodology
- Project management, relationship building, organizational and communication skills
- Experience with specific tools (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Git, TestRail)
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux and distributed computing environments
- Ability to successfully partner with all functions across the department
- Excellent documentation and communication skills, as well as presentation and demo skills
- Skill with Shell, Python, or Java
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3, RDS, and EC2
- Test automation experience
- Experience automating release and build processes
- Knowledge of Spring Framework
- Experience with Apex programming and SOQL
- Pharma life sciences industry experience
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.