Director - Product Support
Product, Customer Service
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Director of Product Support is responsible for support of Veeva’s Development Cloud Applications. The development cloud brings together applications for clinical, quality, regulatory, and safety to help organizations drive end-to-end business processes. This is one of the fastest-growing areas at Veeva. The director will manage leaders and support engineers across the US in a remote environment. They will collaborate closely with peers in the US, Europe, and Asia to ensure a cohesive customer experience. This role reports to the VP of Global Customer Support.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to the Vault application support teams including overseeing the hiring, onboarding, and day-to-day operations
- Collaborate with Veeva’s product leaders to represent the voice of the customer from a support perspective
- Scale the vault application support team across multiple products with customer success as the primary goal
- Develop detailed product knowledge to effectively identify and manage escalations and collaborate with product on process improvements.
- Work closely with regional support leaders across North America, Europe, and Asia to ensure consistent and high-quality support globally
- Mentor, coach, and grow engineers and managers on the Vault Application support team
- Identify and lead process improvement initiatives across the team and broader support
- Utilize Zendesk and reporting to manage ticket support efficiently and drive continuous improvement in support processes.
- Ensure support KPIs are met
- Minimum 7+ years experience in Application Support
- Minimum 5+ years experience building and managing high-performing teams.
- 3+ years of ticketing system experience (Zendesk, ServiceNow, JSM, etc.)
- Strong customer service experience and ability to handle escalations.
- Excellent communicator with a creative mindset
- Experience supporting multiple products.
- Strategic thinker with an operational mindset
- Ability to travel 5-10%
- Understanding of general SaaS architecture and products
Nice to Have
- Experience in the life sciences or other heavily regulated industry
- A technical background and knowledge in Java, SQL, HTML, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST API
- SaaS Support experience
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $115,000 - $225,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.