Senior Accountant, Payroll
Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, partners with the world’s leading brands to help them tackle their thorniest challenges - launching new digital products, delivering personalized marketing at scale, or harnessing the power of data and AI to transform their business. These mission-critical initiatives aren’t solved by a single discipline. Great digital is a team game - it requires seamlessly combining strategy, engineering, design, data science, marketing, and more. Other firms have bolted on these capabilities - as digital natives, we’ve built them into our teams from Day 1. The result? Top and bottom lines that grow alongside our client’s capabilities. Check out how we have impacted our clients' digital portfolios over the years.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver seamless, trusted, digitally-enabled experiences across any channel a customer might choose - mobile apps, websites, voice skills, chatbots, email, service agents, or associates.
Location & Flexibility
When team members told us they needed more flexibility and autonomy around where and how they worked, we created two options to accommodate two different work styles. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near (Hybrid) and Work From Anywhere (Remote) at WillowTree. Learn more here.
This role will have the option to be in a Work From Near (Hybrid) capacity based out of one of our offices OR in a Work From Anywhere (Remote) capacity with travel to clients and WillowTree offices expected.
As one of the key members of our Payroll Accounting team, you will have an opportunity for your ideas, efficiencies, and optimization to take root in our vision for a global payroll approach at WillowTree. Working alongside committed and driven HR and Accounting colleagues, you will work to ensure that the most valuable element of our business, our people, needs are met in the realm of payroll. Our business has grown from exclusively a US-based to a multi-national organization, resulting in an exciting and complex payroll scenario.
- Manage multi-state and global payroll census and process ad-hoc deductions or earnings
- Maintain the payroll system, including work locations, setup of earnings/deductions, and other system maintenance
- Prepare journal entries to allocate payroll/benefits to appropriate cost centers
- Lead HSA administration
- Prepare reports and journal entries during the financial close as well as other ad-hoc needs
- Reconcile payroll-related accounts
- Identify and resolve discrepancies with payroll
- Collaborate with both internal and client partners on financial matters
- 3+ years of global accounting experience
- Experience in posting payroll journal entries and/or payroll reconciliations
- Expertise with Payroll, specifically payroll taxes, pre-tax and post-tax deductions, earnings, and fringe benefits
- Proficiency with financial management software and Microsoft Excel
- Displays high levels of partnership in team environments
- Proven track record of collaborating with clients and/or cross-disciplinary stakeholders effectively
- Basic understanding of HR laws (although we have a separate HR team)
- Expertise with UKG Pro and/or Workday
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA
- Benefits Administration experience a plus
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.