Manager, Software Engineering
Built with leading healthcare systems, Axuall is a workforce intelligence company built on top of a national real-time practitioner data network. It enables healthcare systems, staffing firms, telehealth, and health plans to dramatically reduce onboarding and enrollment time while also providing unique, powerful data insights for network planning, analytics, and reporting. Its network streamlines the secure sharing of digitally verified credentials between clinicians, authorized verifiers, and organizations that require this information quickly and continuously to meet patient demand, ensure clinical coverage, and maximize revenue capture.
In 2023, Axuall closed its series B round of financing, bringing its total capital raised to more than $41 million. Axuall's investors and the organizations they represent comprise over two dozen of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that recognize the imperative to improve clinical workforce efficiency amidst significant economic and staffing challenges. Axuall intends to scale its team rapidly in 2023/2024 as it expands its customer base and develops new products that leverage its national network.
About the Role
The Manager of Software Engineering will lead high-performing, diverse engineering groups in an Agile environment to design, develop, and deliver highly scalable applications and services that are a key part of the Axuall ecosystem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, lead and manage cross-functional teams to deliver cutting edge software that utilizes a modern technology stack including Vue.js, Python, FastAPI, PostgreSQL, Redis, and AWS
- Collaborate with product management and other engineering teams to build and deploy iterative solutions
- Collaborate with other engineering managers and leaders to drive department-wide objectives
- Evaluates technological and architecture choices
- Cultivate positive relationships with team members, peers, and partners
- Own the success of individuals on your team by developing goal-based career paths, offering deep mentorship, and inclusively advocating for your engineers
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement, innovation, and excellence across the Engineering team
- Promote engineering best practices and instill a team culture built on curiosity and collaboration
- Help team maintain focus on current priorities and commitments while promoting core values of Agile software development
Qualifications for Candidacy
Candidates must demonstrate experience, results, and references in the following areas:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years managing Software Development teams
- 5+ years as a Software Developer
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience working in a Scrum Agile environment
- Proven track record of successfully coaching, mentoring, and developing others
- Demonstrate the ability to lead people, products, and process and be a thought leader