Broker Success Manager
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Beam was founded in 2012 by three engineers who saw the opportunity to modernize the dental benefits industry using technology. The first product was the Beam Brush, which was one of the earliest examples of the Internet of Things in healthcare.
Today, Beam Benefits is a digitally-led employee benefits company that offers dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health coverage. The company simplifies and modernizes the $100+ billion ancillary benefits industry through its intuitive online platform, self-service tools, AI-powered underwriting, and thoughtful coverage for improved overall wellness. Its Beam Perks™ program offers incentives to members and rewards them for healthy behaviors. Beam is available in 44 states across the U.S.
Joining Beam Benefits Means
• Working in a complex and dynamic business, simultaneously operating across insurance, CPG manufacturing, IoT, and dental services
• Being supported and encouraged to improve every day by working collaboratively with a diversely skilled team
• Engaging in an energizing, committed, and fun work environment
• Being empowered as an ‘owner’ of your subject matter and work
• Joining in our mission to forever change the way people access benefit
• Being a person of high character, high EQ, and amazing talent
What We're Looking For
As Beam continues to scale quickly, there is an increased focus on providing a consistent, extraordinary benefits experience for newly on-boarded and established brokers/clients. The ultimate goals being high retention and continued customer expansion. Broker Success Managers (BSM), as members of the Revenue Organization, aid in achieving these goals by ensuring high broker satisfaction, increasing client retention, and providing support for our Sales Team in continued effort to expand our broker relationships.
The core function of the BSM is to co-own broker/client-facing communication (emails, calls, video calls, etc) with our Sales Team; educating our partners and clients on our new and existing product lines, and maintaining a high-level of service from Beam client onboarding through policy renewal and ongoing. During this time frame, the BSM will be a broker/client resource and advocate; analyzing client/broker experience and feedback, organizing data, and presenting material to various broker, partner, and/or internal stakeholders clearly and consistently.
What Will You Do
- Proactive client management to continue to drive value throughout the client contract (eg. Quarterly Business Reviews; Internal, cross-functional collaboration based on client feedback/needs; Providing Open Enrollment Support; Etc.)
- Generate/request reports and derive insights from data, and convey those insights to drive new external/internal actions, strategies, or product or process improvements
- Execute at a high volume (think: 30+ emails/day) with a variety of processes/activities which vary throughout the month and year in support of client retention
- Collaborate cross-functionally with multiple internal team members on a wide variety of topics (Sales, Underwriting, Marketing, etc)
What Skills Will Help You Be Successful
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in communicating to multiple stakeholders both tactically and strategically; ideally across multiple mediums including phone, email and webinar/ live presentations (e.g. Keynote/Google Slides)
- A history of investigating and solving client issues, both simple and complex
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail to manage an increasingly complex set of activities related to ongoing broker success
- Previous sales or account management experience a plus
- Experience with new technology products and platforms a plus
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRMs or Client Success tools preferred
- Experience with project management software and workflows a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic (read: sometimes chaotic) startup environment
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated track record of completing large amounts of important work
Visa sponsorship or transfer not available for this position.
Beam believes a diverse and inclusive environment is key to building a great company and a great product. We are committed to creating an environment that is welcoming for people of all backgrounds, and encourage everyone to apply. Beam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.