Intern, Non-profit Fundraising/Research
About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization whose mission is to unlock the full potential of entrepreneurship to transform entire communities. Our vision is to collaborate with partners to generate dramatically improved and inclusive economic outcomes by supporting diverse entrepreneurs, optimizing entrepreneurial ecosystems, and accelerating innovation.
Key to JumpStart’s success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience, and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart associates take great pride in making JumpStart a highly demanding yet incredibly fun place to work. Position Summary
Internship available with fast paced, nimble Advancement department will give you hands-on experience in non-profit fundraising and the opportunity to see entrepreneurship in action. You will work in various areas and interact with senior-level management of the organization. Providing project-based support across several critical functions of the department to fulfill the organizations mission.
Start Date: As soon as possible, extending through the spring semester and longer if decided. *Hybrid position (remote and in-office) *Hours: 10-20 per week *Pay: $14 per hour
Essential Job Functions:
• Prospect research of individuals, corporations, and foundations.
• Assist with database tracking of prospects, documents
• Research to support proposals including market data and trends
• Grant reporting support across foundation, corporate, and government support.
• Assist with data entry for Advancement’s activities in Salesforce/SharePoint
• Providing support for annual giving campaign
• Other TBD areas of operational and fundraising support
• Reporting weekly on activities to Advancement Team
• Currently attending an accredited college or university in a related major with at least one semester in school remaining
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Professional approach and maturity in handling self in a professional environment
• Strong detail orientation
• Strong self-starter, desire to take initiative
• Ability to use Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
o When required, attend local and out-of-state conferences, workshops, and seminars
• Normal professional office environment
JumpStart’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors:
• Accountability: Act to deliver on commitments and generate results, and if expectations aren’t clear, ask
• Entrepreneurial: Embrace opportunity, continuous improvement, and change, and contribute to the solution as we evolve
• Equity: Committed to corrective action regarding historically underserved and underrepresented populations through entrepreneurship and innovation
• Energy: Address our work with focus, grit and enthusiasm
• Collaboration: Collaborate with others to play our most helpful role(s) and to increase effectiveness
• Humility: Balance self-assurance with listening to understand, having an open mind, and demonstrating patience
JumpStart’s Definitions for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity:
• Diversity: A measure of psychological, demographic, physical, and social differences occurring among any and all individuals in a specific group; including but not limited to racial identity, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, culture, developmental ability, and learning styles.
• Inclusion: The act of promoting and maintaining an environment in which diverse groups of individuals are welcomed, respected, supported, valued, and empowered. An environment prioritizing differences and offers respect and acceptance in the words/actions/thoughts of all people.
• Equity: An acknowledgment and understanding there are historically underserved and underrepresented populations, and corrective action regarding these unbalanced conditions is needed to eliminate barriers and guarantee equality in the provision of fair treatment, access opportunity, and advancement in the provision of effective opportunities to all groups.
• Emphasis Statement: Historically, African Americans, Latinx people, and women have been economically disenfranchised and disconnected from innovation and entrepreneurship. For these reasons, we place an emphasis on these populations as we work to diversify our culture and be inclusive in our daily interactions and decisions.
JumpStart’s Operating Style: JumpStart team members are expected to be:
• Honest: We speak the truth, plainly and simply, kindly and considerately. We will challenge you as we seek to accomplish great things. And we hope you will do the same with us.
• Responsive: We respond rapidly to your inquiries and actively communicate so we are all on the same page.
• Resourceful: We will be creative and efficient in helping you to access relationships, contacts and other resources to help you succeed.
• Insightful: We will provide the knowledge and insight about entrepreneurship and innovation you aren’t able to easily get from others.
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of JumpStart. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.