Digital Marketing Intern
About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization whose mission is to unlock the full potential of entrepreneurship to transform entire communities. Our vision is to collaborate with partners to generate dramatically improved and inclusive economic outcomes by supporting diverse entrepreneurs, optimizing entrepreneurial ecosystems, and accelerating innovation.
The key to JumpStart's success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience, and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart associates take great pride in making JumpStart a highly demanding yet incredibly fun place to work.
JumpStart is seeking a Digital Marketing Intern to assist our marketing team in developing and executing digital campaigns aimed at ambitious entrepreneurs, tech founders, and small business owners. As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in various aspects of digital marketing, including social media management, content creation, email marketing, SEO, analytics, and media production.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the planning and execution of digital marketing campaigns, including social media, email, and content marketing
- Assist with the creation and scheduling of social media content and monitor engagement and analytics
- Assist in the development of content for blog posts, email newsletters, podcasts, videos, and other marketing materials
- Participate in the production and post-production of podcast episodes and video content
- Conduct keyword research and optimize website content for search engines
- Analyze campaign performance and provide insights and recommendations for future optimization
- Collaborate with team members on various marketing projects and initiatives
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Normal office demands.
- Normal professional office environment
- Eligible for hybrid work agreement
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Currently enrolled in a marketing, communications, media production or related degree program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms and best practices
- Basic knowledge of SEO principles and techniques
- Experience with media production, such as podcasting, video editing, and graphic design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
JumpStart’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- Accountability: Act to deliver on commitments and generate results, and if expectations aren’t clear, ask
- Entrepreneurial: Embrace opportunity, continuous improvement, and change, and contribute to the solution as we evolve
- Equity: Committed to corrective action regarding historically underserved and underrepresented populations through entrepreneurship and innovation
- Energy: Address our work with focus, grit, and enthusiasm
- Collaboration: Collaborate with others to play our most helpful role(s) and to increase effectiveness
- Humility: Balance self-assurance with listening to understand, having an open mind, and demonstrating patience
JumpStart’s Definitions for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Diversity: A measure of psychological, demographic, physical, and social differences occurring among any and all individuals in a specific group; including but not limited to racial identity, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, culture, developmental ability, and learning styles.
- Inclusion: The act of promoting and maintaining an environment in which diverse groups of individuals are welcomed, respected, supported, valued, and empowered. An environment prioritizing differences and offers respect and acceptance in the words/actions/thoughts of all people.
- Equity: An acknowledgment and understanding there are historically underserved and underrepresented populations, and corrective action regarding these unbalanced conditions is needed to eliminate barriers and guarantee equality in the provision of fair treatment, access opportunity, and advancement in the provision of effective opportunities to all groups.
- Emphasis Statement: Historically, African Americans, Latinx people, and women have been economically disenfranchised and disconnected from innovation and entrepreneurship. For these reasons, we place an emphasis on these populations as we work to diversify our culture and be inclusive in our daily interactions and decisions.
JumpStart’s Operating Style: JumpStart team members are expected to be:
- Honest: We speak the truth, plainly and simply, kindly and considerately. We will challenge you as we seek to accomplish great things. And we hope you will do the same with us.
- Responsive: We respond rapidly to your inquiries and actively communicate so we are all on the same page.
- Resourceful: We will be creative and efficient in helping you to access relationships, contacts and other resources to help you succeed.
- Insightful: We will provide the knowledge and insight about entrepreneurship and innovation you aren’t able to easily get from others
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of JumpStart. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. JumpStart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salary & comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, 401k, paid vacation).
The position is open to students and recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in digital marketing and media production. This is a hybrid position, and applicants from across Northern Ohio are encouraged to apply.