About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization whose mission is to unlock the full potential of entrepreneurship to transform entire communities. Our vision is to collaborate with partners to generate dramatically improved and inclusive economic outcomes by supporting diverse entrepreneurs, optimizing entrepreneurial ecosystems, and accelerating innovation.
Key to JumpStart's success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience, and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart leaders and teammates take great pride in JumpStart being a highly demanding yet enjoyable place to work.
The Data Analyst is responsible for data management and supporting internal processes and external publications. Collecting, verifying, analyzing and reporting performance metrics is an essential function within JumpStart. As a venture development organization with many strategic and philanthropic partnerships and supporters, data gathering and reporting are essential to demonstrating the impact and effectiveness of our work.
The Data Analyst is responsible for helping the JumpStart team gather and interpret data, formulate reports, and make recommendations based on findings. The Data Analyst works closely with internal stakeholders across the organization and external customers, clients and partners to understand, document and analyze data against business objectives. Attention to detail, strong quantitative skills and collaborative work style are fundamental characteristics that will lead to success in this role.
Essential Job Functions
- 40% - Administer the semi-annual survey. Manage the day-to-day operations of the semi-annual client surveys.
- Create and send semi-annual surveys on behalf of JumpStart and network partners using Qualtrics survey software.
- Review data as it is returned for clarity and consistency.
- 40% - Data validation, visualization and reporting. Report data to internal and external stakeholders for JumpStart programs (e.g., Entrepreneurial Services Program (ESP), Core City: Cleveland, Business Growth Collaborative (BGC), Emerging Talent Network).
- Data validation. Regularly review data for consistency and completeness to ensure reliable reporting.
- Collaborate with JumpStart staff to continuously improve underlying data and processes for entering data.
- Provide suggestions to improve data quality and enhance reporting capabilities continuously.
- Data visualization and reporting.
- Review internal reporting of collected data, audit and troubleshoot discrepancies on reports with underlying data.
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards for internal and external stakeholders using PowerBI.
- 10% - Ad hoc requests: Respond to requests from the leadership team for financial and entrepreneurial data, data entry, and/or analysis on an ad hoc basis.
- 10% - Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Normal office demands.
- Some travel, less than 10%
- Typical professional office environment
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Undergraduate degree in statistics, economics, computer science or a related field. Candidates in other majors who can demonstrate experience with quantitative analysis or research are also encouraged to apply.
- Prior use of surveying programs, including experience building surveys and contact lists, deploying surveys, and collecting and analyzing data from survey programs. Qualtrics knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Prior use or knowledge of computer languages (Python/R), database systems and/or statistical analysis packages gained through prior work or classroom experience is preferred.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software preferred.
- Strong ability to visually convey information and insights through charts.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity with an analytical mind
- Collaborative team player
- Organized with the ability to multitask and be adaptable/flexible
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
JumpStart's Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- Accountability: Act to deliver on commitments and generate results, and if expectations aren't clear, ask
- Entrepreneurial: Embrace opportunity, continuous improvement, and change, and contribute to the solution as we evolve
- Equity: Committed to corrective action regarding historically underserved and underrepresented populations through entrepreneurship and innovation
- Energy: Address our work with focus, grit, and enthusiasm
- Collaboration: Collaborate with others to play our most helpful role(s) and to increase the effectiveness
- Humility: Balance self-assurance with listening to understand, having an open mind, and demonstrating patience
JumpStart's Definitions for Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity
- Diversity: A measure of psychological, demographic, physical, and social differences occurring among any individuals in a specific group, including but not limited to racial identity, ethnicity, nationality, religion, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, age, gender identification, sexual orientation, culture, developmental ability, and learning styles.
- Inclusion: The act of promoting and maintaining an environment in which diverse groups of individuals are welcomed, respected, supported, valued, and empowered. An environment where prioritizing differences and offering respect and acceptance in all people's words/actions/thoughts.
- Equity: An acknowledgment and understanding there are historically underserved and underrepresented populations and corrective action regarding these unbalanced conditions is needed to eliminate barriers and guarantee equality in providing fair treatment, access opportunity, and advancement in providing adequate opportunities to all groups.
- Emphasis Statement: Historically, African Americans, Latinx people, and women have been economically disenfranchised and disconnected from innovation and entrepreneurship. For these reasons, we emphasize these populations as we work to diversify our culture and be inclusive in our daily interactions and decisions.
JumpStart's Operating Style: JumpStart team members are expected to be:
- Honest: We speak the truth kindly and considerately. We will challenge you as we seek to accomplish great things. And we hope you will do the same with us.
- Responsive: We respond rapidly to your inquiries and actively communicate, so we are all on the same page.
- Resourceful: We will be creative and efficient in helping you to access relationships, contacts, and other resources to help you succeed.
- Insightful: We will provide the knowledge and insight about entrepreneurship and innovation you aren't able to quickly get from others
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job. It is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, following the needs of JumpStart. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties, and responsibilities that may be inherent in a position, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the job holder's responsibility.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. JumpStart Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits (medical, vision, 401k, paid vacation).