Build the Path Forward
At Path Robotics, we’re attacking a trillion-dollar opportunity - doing things that have never been done before to support an industry hurting from a lack of skilled labor. Big, hard problems are what Path tackles every day and our people are our greatest asset to get that job done. Our intelligent, hardworking team of people do the impossible every single day, yet remain incredibly kind, humble, and always ready to support one another.
We are seeking a highly skilled and detail-oriented Controller to join our team. As a key member of our finance department, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the accounting team. This role will help ensure the integrity of our financial operations, implementing robust internal controls, and spearheading initiatives to enhance the efficiency of our accounting processes.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee the closing of monthly and year-end financials in accordance with US GAAP.
- Lead the annual audit process to ensure compliance and accuracy.
- Manage all aspects of tax compliance, including income tax, sales/use tax, payroll notices, and international tax.
Cost Analysis and Process Improvements:
- Maintain an accurate system of standard and actual costs.
- Analyze manufacturing variances and drive process improvements.
Accounting Principles & Accounts Payable/Receivable Oversight:
- Establish and maintain the firm's accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Ensure adequate review and oversight of outgoing payments and incoming payments.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Oversee daily cash activities, managing cash position and reconciliations.
- Manage bank account balances, ensuring sufficient funds for operational and capital investment needs.
- Collaborate with outside lenders as needed.
- Monitor payroll processing, providing backup assistance as needed.
- Review bi-weekly payroll before final processing, analyzing variances from budget.
Practice Management and Data Maintenance:
- Oversee maintenance of data in practice management software, ensuring accuracy and consistency.
Policy Development and Maintenance:
- Maintain the firm's accounting policies, including expense reporting policy.
- Develop and maintain other policies such as fixed asset policy, vendor policy, and AR policy.
Process Improvement and Automation:
- Drive efforts to streamline accounting operations and enhance the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes.
- Implement internal controls to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
Who You Are
- You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a Controller or similar role, preferably in manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and tax regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities.
- Proven track record of driving process improvements
- Proficient in accounting software (NetSuite) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- You are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a well-funded, venture-backed company, where your work will have an immediate and direct impact
- You are passionate about what you do and enjoy working in a collaborative environment
Who We Are
At Path Robotics we love coming to work to solve interesting and tough challenges but also because our ideas are welcomed and valued. We encourage unique thinking and are dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Why You'll Love It Here
- Free lunch every day
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance with 100% coverage on monthly medical premiums for you and any dependents (nothing comes out of your paycheck!)
- 6 weeks 100% paid parental leave plus an additional 6-8 weeks maternity leave for the
birthing parent (12-14 weeks total)
- 401K through Empower
- Paid Referral Bonus