Registered Respiratory Therapist - Pulmonary Function Research: Grant-Funded
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Foundation
Position Summary/Essential Duties:
1. Coordinate and perform pulmonary function testing (PFT) for RHI clinical research, and as requested provide PFT support for clinical trials taking place in other UH divisions.
2. Assist investigators with coordination and conduct of clinical trials, and assume a critical role in the site selection, start-up and conduct of these studies.
Experience & Knowledge:
2-years of experience in an acute care setting.
2-years of clinical research experience would be beneficial.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
- Detail-oriented person with the ability to work independently on multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work consistently and effectively as part of a high-performance clinical research team.
- Good judgment, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to interface with new technologies and learn new procedures.
- Excellent written communication skills and interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to follow through and consistently demonstrate primary job responsibilities are current.
- Familiarity with good clinical practices.
- Knowledge of computer operations and demonstrated computer skills in a variety of software environments (i.e., Excel, Access, Word, database applications).
Associates Degree or Bachelors in Respiratory
Required Credentials, License and/or Certifications:
- Registered Respiratory Therapist.
- Licensed to practice respiratory therapy in Ohio
- Successful candidate must obtain registration with Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) and Certification in Biomedical Research; Human Subject Protection, Social & Behavioral Research and Good Clinical Practice training within 3 months of hire.
Previous Pulmonary Function experience is strongly preferred. It is grant-funded with no end date since there are multiple grants that will continually cover over the years. No grant, however, is ever a guarantee.
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.