Research Assistant II, Translational Science Unit
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Foundation
The Research Assistant II is responsible for working with a team to coordinate research and community-based
- Responsible for assisting with all regulatory requirements for projects including IRB new submissions and
continuing review submissions for existing projects.
- Responsible for assisting with data management on projects including the creation of databases, data cleaning,
and reports with descriptive statistics.
- Responsible for assisting with data collection for projects and analyzing secondary datasets (when applicable).
- Responsible for assisting an analyst or biostatistician to produce data tables and figures for reports.
- Assists with chart review and data acquisition of subjects
- Responsible for completing literature reviews on specific topics and policy to inform current programming,
research, or related work.
- Responsible for writing policy and research reports and briefs for funders, stakeholders, etc.
- Work with project PI and project teams to prepare grant applications in response to funding opportunities.
- Responsible for interfacing with community partners on collaborative projects and working with project PI to
fulfill scope of work on the project.
- Work in collaboration with physicians, nurses, hospital leadership, and stakeholders at the local, state, and
national levels to accomplish the department goals.
- Performs other duties as delegated and trained by the study team.
Required for All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- For specific duties and responsibilities, refer to documentation provided by the department during orientation.
- Must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) for our
patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address
appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred and
Master’s Degree in public policy, public health, or health administration Preferred
- 3+ years experience in a health care setting or nonprofit setting Preferred
- 3+ years experience in research, grants management, or program evaluation Preferred
- Experience with IRB procedures Preferred
- Event management experience Preferred
- Grant writing experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work as a team and take directions from others. Required
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results both independently and working with a team Required
- Experience working in a fast-paced office and adapting to changing priorities on a deadline Required
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills Required
- Strong organizational skills Required
- Excellent writing ability and communication skills Required
- Demonstrated knowledge of datasets (including public dataset availability) and statistical
- Regulatory experience achieving IRB approval for studies Required
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office products, knowledge of statistical programs
(e.g., SPSS, STATA, SAS), database management, ArcGIS, and internet applications Required
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the hospital Required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with individuals at all levels of an
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.