Research Fellow, Radiology
UH Rainbow Babies & Children's Foundation
The research fellow will work in collaboration with faculty members from Radiology and other faculty, fellows, residents and staff at UH or other academic institutions, to develop and perform data collection, data analysis and interpretation
- The Radiology Research Fellow (RF) is expected to carry out complex research assignments focused on cardiothoracic radiology.
- The RF will contribute to the experimental design and execution of complex data studies and data analysis for projects.
- The RF will participate in the development and implementation of new and/or revised study protocols, research methodologies and techniques.
- The RF will collect, analyze, interpret, and evaluate research data.
- In addition, this RF will contribute preliminary data, background and significance and experimental design for grant proposals.
- Other responsibilities include preparing scientific manuscripts, articles, abstracts, and research reports for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- The RF will be expected to attend and present at local and national scientific conferences, workshops, and seminars as well as conducting critical analysis of research literature related to research being investigated.
Required For All Jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Complies with all policies and standards.
- For specific duties and responsibilities, refer to documentation provided by the department during orientation.
- Must abide by all requirements to safely and securely maintain Protected Health Information (PHI) for our patients. Annual training, the UH Code of Conduct and UH policies and procedures are in place to address appropriate use of PHI in the workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required or
- Master’s Degree masters degree Preferred or
- Doctorate Degree PHD Preferred
- 1+ years years of basic science research experience Required and
- 3+ years original manuscripts as the first or senior author, Preferred and
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Residency and/or fellowship in medical radiology Preferred
- Knowledge in statistical and/or epidemiological methods, Preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Society of Clinical Research Associates (SoCRA) data management certification (i.e. SCDM, SoCRA, or ACRP) c Preferred
- Standing Occasionally
- Walking Occasionally
- Sitting Constantly
- Lifting Rarely 20 lbs
- Carrying Rarely 20 lbs
- Pushing Rarely 20 lbs
- Pulling Rarely 20 lbs
- Climbing Rarely 20 lbs
- Balancing Rarely
- Stooping Rarely
- Kneeling Rarely
- Crouching Rarely
- Crawling Rarely
- Reaching Rarely
- Handling Occasionally
- Grasping Occasionally
- Feeling Rarely
- Talking Constantly
- Hearing Constantly
- Repetitive Motions Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination Frequently
UH Cleveland Medical Center
UH Cleveland Medical Center is University Hospitals’ flagship academic medical center. With more than 1,000 registered beds, UH Cleveland Medical Center provides primary, specialty and subspecialty medical and surgical care in the heart of Cleveland’s University Circle.