Staff Product Analyst
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Product Analyst at Upstart, you are an analytically minded individual with keen product intuitions to guide and answer high-impact product and business questions through intelligent use of data. The product analyst will work closely with the Product Managers and Data Scientists to improve end-to-end user engagement, from application flow, to underwriting and reporting. The ideal candidate will be naturally curious and motivated to discover hidden truths to improve user experience.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, USA
Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 3 days per Quarter at the San Mateo, CA office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Effectively use analytics tools such as Heap/Looker to understand web conversion rates and key product metrics
- Conduct quantitative analysis to test hypotheses about our users and the way they interact with our product
- Administer AB tests in the product, monitor results and generate product and business recommendations
- Work closely with the product and data science teams to implement product changes
- Identify and report key product metrics to leadership team
- Conduct market analysis to identify new risks and opportunities for product
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or related field
- Strong analytical and quantitative background with at least 3-5 years professional experience
- 2+ years conducting and evaluating A/B tests
- Experience with data analysis tools (SQL, Python, Excel, R, etc.)
- Preferred qualifications:
- Strong communication and client-facing data presentation skills
- Analytical, rigorous, and creative approach to solving difficult problems
- Proven ability to learn quickly, work independently, and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.