Senior Product Manager, Auto Retail
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a Senior Product Manager on the Auto Retail team, you will help define the end-to-end product experience for our product suite, with involvement in Online, In-store, and Dealership Tools solutions. Upstart Auto Retail's goal is to build the best vehicle buying and financing offering for consumers, focusing on speed, convenience, and ease of use with an exceptional user experience on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices. As a Senior Product Manager, you are an essential part of the Auto Retail team, working effectively across all disciplines to build, launch, and iterate. As a technically strong PM, you will work closely with all stakeholders to define product requirements and see implementation through to completion, leading development efforts between engineering and design. You will play a central role in helping each team succeed and promoting productivity, efficiency, risk management, and continuous improvement. You are passionate about organization, experienced in working with agile teams, have a good understanding of best practices in software engineering, highly effective in communicating and problem solving, and have experience managing multiple projects at a time.
- Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, CA, Columbus, OH and Austin, TX.
- Time Zone Requirements - This team operates in all US time zones.
- Travel Requirements - This team has regular on-site collaboration sessions. These occur 2-3 days per quarter at our San Mateo, Columbus or Austin office. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you'll make an impact:
- Own product vision, discovery, strategy, and iteration.
- Serve as the ultimate voice of the customer for Auto Retail.
- Develop deep understanding of Upstart's business, stakeholders, and the automotive industry.
- Manage product roadmap, requirements, and backlog, aligning improvements with vision and goals.
- Develop strong relationships with key partners across the organization to align product plans with company objectives.
- Work closely with the design, engineering and business teams to deliver industry leading performance.
- Advocate for your product line; convey its value to all organization levels.
- Ensure product delivery meets established company objectives and KPIs.
- Identify actionable insights from performance data and research findings to generate product enhancements.
- Constantly optimize based on test results and conversions.
- 8+ years of work experience, 4+ years as a Senior Product Manager.
- Strong technical product experience, including API integrations.
- Experience in planning and building products across multiple platforms using an Agile development methodology.
- Ability to generate crucial product insights through quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions, recommendations, and decisions.
- Continuous learning and improvement mentality.
- Ability to simplify complex messages for varying audiences.
- Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executives.
- Having prior experience in the automotive space or managing a multi-product portfolio is a big plus.
What you’ll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.