Senior Compensation Analyst
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart is in a period of rapid growth and the People Operations team is foundational to our continued success as we scale. You will be joining a company with engaged founders and leaders, strong values (practiced daily!) and operational rigor and discipline. Come help us build the culture that will enable continued success for our employees and borrowers!
As a Compensation Analyst at Upstart, you will be instrumental in scaling and streamlining our compensation programs and processes. You will be at the foundation of driving meaningful change across a broad range of compensation programs from pay transparency through sales compensation and on to equity compensation. You’ll partner with leaders during the compensation planning cycle to ensure all employees are compensated fairly and equitably. The ideal candidate will be a skilled problem solver and analytical thinker with the ability to distill complex topics and make them concise and digestible. Finally, the role will build upon an already strong culture of collaboration at Upstart to create experiences that engage, connect, and inspire Upstarters!
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, San Mateo, Columbus
Time Zone Requirements - The majority of the People Ops and Upstart Leadership team operate on the West Coast time zone, however you will have some stakeholders working on EST. Your hours can be flexible based on your location, schedule and preference.
Travel Requirements - This team has regular onsite collaboration sessions. These occur a maximum of 3 days per quarter, primarily in San Mateo. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
Manage cyclical Compensation Programs: You will manage existing cyclical compensation programs, including our mid-year and year-end compensation planning cycles, bi-annual benchmarking, and ad-hoc requests.
Develop Compensation content strategy: You will develop and author a variety of internal communications and resources, with varying content for employees, managers, and HRBPs. You will distill complex topics into user-friendly guides and resources to ensure that employees have the right information at the right time. Additionally, you’ll manage these resources from cycle to cycle to ensure they remain up-to-date and accurate.
Drive growth through scalability: You will partner with both business leaders and the People Ops team to scale our existing compensation programs and process and ensure that all new programs and processes are designed to scale.
- Champion pay parity and transparency: Upstart is on a journey to make compensation a meaningful point of engagement with our fellow Upstarters. Here we believe that it’s not only important to do the right thing but to do it in a way that people understand and have faith in the process..
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Business Administration, a related field that uses quantitative analysis, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical human resources role, investment banking, management consulting (e.g., strategy and compensation), or a similar analytical role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Preferred qualifications:
- Strong project management abilities.
- Proficient in Workday Advanced Comp and Talent modules.
- Proficient in Google Slides, Docs, and/or Microsoft Powerpoint, Word.
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.