Senior Video and Motion Designer
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters can live and work anywhere in the U.S. We also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
As a small-but-mighty Creative team, we touch every corner of the growing Upstart business. We sit within Growth, designing for impact across all channels and verticals, elevating the brand, and seeking to be thought-leaders in our industry and beyond. We are currently working hard and fast to meet the company’s needs while building a culture of creativity that will empower the continued evolution and success of our work. In short, we’re darn good but we’re looking for teammates to help us rise to greatness!
As the Senior Video and Motion Designer at Upstart, you will stand-up the video editing and motion design function for the creative department, our channels, and stakeholders. You will contribute holistically to our success across Brand and Marketing including but not limited to: splicing and dicing existing content into new assets, animating designs for emails and social channels, bringing to life graphics for our Employee experiences, and studying the in’s and out’s of performance marketing to concept and produce quick-turn Paid Ads while collaborating with ADs, CDs, and designers.
Position Location - This role is available in the following locations: Remote, USA
Travel Requirements - As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular onsites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time. If you need to travel to make these meetups, Upstart will cover all travel related expenses.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Animate both 2D and 3D assets and projects for various use-cases across all channels
- Edit and re-cut videos to bring new life to existing content across various channels and formats
- Concept new ways to bring our brand and product narratives to life across Paid Ads and beyond
- Manage post-production tasks including color grading, sound editing, and troubleshooting tech specs and delivery issues.
- Pitch new ways for Video + Motion Design to create impactful throughout the Upstart ecosystem
- Stay up to date with industry standards and channel-specific best practices
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of professional experience in video editing and motion graphics for brands.
- Expert-level proficiency in video editing software (e.g., Adobe Premiere Pro) and motion graphics software (e.g., Adobe After Effects), and design software (Photoshop, Figma, etc).
- Expert understanding of storytelling, pacing, timing, color grading and sound editing.
- Must be able to collaborate with other visual designers, incorporating elements such as raw shoot footage, 2D/3D renders, typography, photography, and illustration into edits.
- Can articulate a creative vision from concept development to storyboarding to execution
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge of 3D software such as Cinema 4D, Maya, or Houdini.
- Previous experience in paid (growth) advertising and social content creation.
- Scrappy and creative, with the ability to create net-new ads from the ground up using stock footage, static images, or shooting content independently.
- Excellent time-management and communication skills.
- Expert eye for design and visual storytelling.
- Devotion to staying abreast of industry trends, emerging technologies, and pop-culture phenomena
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.