Direct Mail Associate
Upstart is a leading AI lending marketplace partnering with banks and credit unions to expand access to affordable credit. By leveraging Upstart's AI marketplace, Upstart-powered banks and credit unions can have higher approval rates and lower loss rates across races, ages, and genders, while simultaneously delivering the exceptional digital-first lending experience their customers demand. More than two-thirds of Upstart loans are approved instantly and are fully automated.
Upstart is a digital-first company, which means that most Upstarters live and work anywhere in the United States. However, we also have offices in San Mateo, California; Columbus, Ohio; and Austin, Texas.
Most Upstarters join us because they connect with our mission of enabling access to effortless credit based on true risk. If you are energized by the impact you can make at Upstart, we’d love to hear from you!
Upstart’s Growth Marketing team is in charge of expanding Upstart’s reach to the millions of Americans without access to affordable credit. We are energized by the prospect of breaking ground in our field and making a positive impact on people’s financial lives.
As the Growth Marketing Associate of Direct Mail at Upstart, you will own operations and creative strategy for one of our largest customer acquisition channels, Direct Mail. You’ll be part of a talented group of analytical and creative marketers who are self-driven, kind, curious, interdependent, and enjoy solving complex business problems.
Position location This role is available in the following locations: Remote
Time zone requirements The team operates on the East/West coast time zones.
Travel requirements As a digital first company, the majority of your work can be accomplished remotely. The majority of our employees can live and work anywhere in the U.S but are encouraged to to still spend high quality time in-person collaborating via regular onsites. The in-person sessions’ cadence varies depending on the team and role; most teams meet once or twice per quarter for 2-4 consecutive days at a time.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead operations for Direct Mail, Upstart’s most operationally complex performance marketing channel, including deciding on and owning external vendor relationships, setting and executing on monthly schedules with external partners and internal teams, and building scalable infrastructure to handle our increasingly complex programs
- Perform key analyses across and within growth channels to deliver actionable insights to leadership, including quarterly competitive and market trend analysis to directly inform our decision making
- Own the Channel’s creative strategy for our existing and innovative new products
- Design and execute multivariate tests to improve the performance of our mail marketing, including creative, material, data, speed and timing
- Partner with cross-functional partners such as Machine Learning, Engineering, Product, Legal & Compliance, FPA, to support and drive new initiatives forward
- Bachelor’s degree, with 1-3 years of experience in an analytics, marketing, project management, or operations role (Direct Mail experience preferred, bonus if in financial services industry)
- Experience in end-to-end campaign strategy and execution, with a track record of quantifiable results
- Dedicated and relentless leadership and project execution. Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results in challenging situations
- Strong critical thinking skills and proficient in leveraging data to inform and optimize decision-making
- A team player with a proven track record of working cross-functionally with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, learn quickly, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience operating in a highly regulated environment, with preference to financial services or technology
- Self-motivated, proactive ownership mindset, with the ability to stay agile and pivot quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (we’re big on Slack)
- Proficiency with Google Suite; Experience with Looker and SQL is a plus, but not required
- Strong attention to detail
What you'll love:
- Competitive Compensation (base + bonus & equity)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with Health Savings Account contributions from Upstart
- 401(k) with 100% company match up to $4,500 and immediate vesting and after-tax savings
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Life and disability insurance
- Generous holiday, vacation, sick and safety leave
- Supportive parental, family care, and military leave programs
- Annual wellness, technology & ergonomic reimbursement programs
- Social activities including team events and onsites, all-company updates, employee resource groups (ERGs), and other interest groups such as book clubs, fitness, investing, and volunteering
- Catered lunches + snacks & drinks when working in offices
At Upstart, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. The anticipated base salary for this position is expected to be within the below range. Your actual base pay will depend on your geographic location–with our “digital first” philosophy, Upstart uses compensation regions that vary depending on location. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
In addition, Upstart provides employees with target bonuses, equity compensation, and generous benefits packages (including medical, dental, vision, and 401k).
Upstart is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. We are dedicated to ensuring that underrepresented classes receive better access to affordable credit, and are just as committed to embracing diversity and inclusion in our hiring practices. We celebrate all cultures, backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, and know that we can only become better together.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please email email@example.com