Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, partners with the world’s leading brands to help them tackle their thorniest challenges - be it launching new digital products, delivering personalized marketing at scale, or harnessing the power of data and AI to transform their business. These mission-critical initiatives aren’t solved by a single discipline. Great digital is a team game - it requires seamlessly combining strategy, engineering, design, data science, marketing, and more. Other firms have bolted on these capabilities - as digital natives, we’ve built them into our teams from Day 1. The result? Top and bottom lines that grow, alongside our client’s capabilities. Check out how we have impacted our clients' digital portfolios over the years.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver seamless, trusted, digitally-enabled experiences across any channel a customer might choose - be it mobile apps, websites, voice skills, chatbots, email, service agents, or associates.
Location & Flexibility
Our Human Resource Business Partners are integral parts of our team at WillowTree. To help retain our deep culture of collaboration, this role will maintain an in-office presence in a hybrid capacity in one of our offices.
As a Senior Human Resources Business Partner you'll be a strategic partner to executives in designated areas of our business. You'll provide coaching and subject matter expertise to executives and managers to drive performance improvements and successful outcomes of personnel challenges. You'll be a key resource for internal team members regarding performance development and career growth. You'll collaborate with the HR Operations team to cultivate an environment where everyone at WillowTree can thrive.
Business Partnership Responsibilities
- Providing HR policy guidance to managers and team members in the business unit
- Building strong relationships with executive stakeholders and leaders to drive business unit and firm-wide HR initiatives forward
- Developing positive relationships with all team members within the business unit as a knowledgeable and trusted HR advisor
- Providing performance management guidance and coaching to business unit executives and managers
- Facilitating team members establishing and meeting performance development goals
- Guiding managers through difficult conversations, including disciplinary actions and performance development plans
- Analyzing HR trends and metrics to recommend solutions within the business unit and firmwide programs and policies to enhance organizational effectiveness, retention, and employee satisfaction.
- Resolving complex employee relations issues and grievances including guiding mediations
- Conducting thorough and objective investigations including, discrimination, harassment, policy violation, and misconduct
- Maintaining thorough understanding and knowledge of local, state, and federal labor and employment laws and regulations to ensure compliance
- Identifying training needs for teams and individuals and partners the HR and Learning & Development teams to develop and implement training programs, materials, and presentations
- Providing guidance to the business unit on workforce and succession planning, restructures, compensation, retention, and strategic growth
- 5+ years of experience in an HRBP or HR Generalist role
- Exceptional knowledge of local, state, and federal labor and employment laws and regulations. Strong understanding of, and experience applying North American (specifically United States) labor laws and practices.
- You’re passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion and always looking for ways to make people feel heard
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly adapt to change, and thrive in a complex and highly collaborative atmosphere in which ambiguity is constant
- You don’t shy away from difficult conversations — you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help team members go beyond their full potential
- Clear management consulting experience- demonstrating ability to both grow and manage-up employees and effectively manage-out employees with limited risk to the business
- Experience as an HRBP or HR Generalist supporting a large global team, specifically with offices in the U.S., Canada, South America, and Europe
- Experience as an HR professional in a consultancy or agency in the creative or tech industry
- Experience working at an international firm in the technology space, including extensive personal experience working with international partners.
- Proven history of leading organizational change in a multinational corporation, including through mergers and acquisitions, restructures, and cultural transformations.
- You have your PHR or SHRM-CP Certification
- Deep understanding of our industry- ideally experience with both fast-growing firms and larger competitors.
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
What We'll Offer
In addition to a great culture and interesting work with opportunities for growth and development, this position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Healthcare benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental (We cover 100% of individual employee medical premiums)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K matching
- Flexible paid time off & paid company holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
Additional Compensation: This position will include Unit Appreciation Rights (UARs) as part of WillowTree’s Performance Incentive Program. A UAR gives you the opportunity to receive additional compensation based on WillowTree’s future revenue and gross margin performance.
*An individual's compensation is based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons determined during the interview process. To drive ongoing pay equity for team members, WillowTree conducts regular compensation audits across categories of race, ethnicity, and gender.