Senior Accountant, Revenue
Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, is an award-winning digital product consultancy driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centric design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re a global consultancy with a client list that includes the NBA, Capital One, Mastercard, Charles Schwab, PepsiCo, AB InBev, Marriott, Domino's, and many more. Ultimately we measure ourselves by the outcomes we achieve for our clients.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver customer service solutions to our clients, including apps, websites, voice experiences, content moderation, AI annotation, and customer experience representatives.
Check out what some of us love about working at WillowTree here.
Location and Flexibility
When team members told us they needed more flexibility and autonomy around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near (Hybrid) and Work From Anywhere (Remote) at WillowTree. Learn more here.
This role is classified as either Work From Near (Hybrid) or Work From Anywhere (Remote) based on candidate preference.
The Senior Accountant, Revenue is a technical, yet highly collaborative role, that bridges accounting with internal project leadership to ensure accurate revenue recognition, invoicing, and forecasts. Using your knowledge of ASC 606, you’ll take ownership and leadership across an individual portfolio of internal client teams and work collaboratively with our clients’ AP and procurement departments on invoices, reporting, and accounts receivable. You’ll leverage accounting best practices to maintain our position as one of the top digital product agencies in the nation.
- Ownership of a portion of the accounting records, including revenue recognition, invoicing and accounts receivable
- Collaboratively partner with the resource and project management teams to verify that project forecasts align with contracts and work to date
- Contribute to the rest of the accounting team with occasional contribution to shared tasks such as reporting and data verification
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience; some experience in a professional services environment
- Significant expertise with Percent Completion method of revenue recognition is mandatory
- Expertise with revenue recognition, including managing contract terms, accruals, deferrals, invoicing, and accounts receivable.
- Expertise/knowledge of general ledger software and Microsoft Excel
- Displays high levels of partnership in team environments
- Proven track record of collaborating with clients and/or cross-disciplinary stakeholders effectively
- Understanding of IFRS 15 and/or ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and GAAP and/or IFRS - keeping up with trends, changes, and knowledge of accounting best practices
- Familiarity with financial audits or reviews
- Experience with Financial Force and Workday
- Expertise creating ad-hoc reports
- Experience with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Experience with cash flow analysis
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or CPA
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.
Something looks off?