Senior Product Lead
Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, is an award-winning digital product consultancy driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centric design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re a global consultancy with a client list that's included the NBA, Capital One, Mastercard, Charles Schwab, PepsiCo, AB InBev, Marriott, Domino's, and many more. Ultimately we measure ourselves by the outcomes we achieve for our clients.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver customer service solutions to our clients, including apps, websites, voice experiences, content moderation, AI annotation, and customer experience representatives.
Location & Flexibility
When team members told us they needed more flexibility and autonomy around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near (Hybrid) and Work From Anywhere (Remote) at WillowTree. Learn more here.
This role is classified as: Work From Near (Hybrid)
The Senior Product Lead is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities to impact our teams, clients, and company. You’ll use your curiosity and expertise to understand our clients’ needs and visions and to translate business requirements into actionable work for our development teams. You’ll work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of designers, strategists, developers, and test engineers to iteratively build products and bring those needs and visions to life.
We understand our responsibility to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive place within the tech industry, while pushing to make our industry more representative. Because of this responsibility, we need candidates who value diversity and inclusion through their work, team collaboration, or mentorship. So in your cover letter, we encourage you to reflect on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Build strong relationships with client stakeholders and lead client discussions around product vision and user objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to iteratively build solutions that are in line with time and budget constraints
- Facilitate conversations and provide recommendations for scope management and feature prioritization
- Run or assist in client journey mapping, user story mapping, and other product-oriented workshops
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders and manage complex requirement backlogs that consider multiple platforms
- Collaborate with product designers and engineers to create best-in-class user experiences that are feasible and within technical constraints
- Lead technical discussions with engineers to help define system architecture and data flows in order to guide feature development
- Provide meaningful contributions to the promotion of best practices, skills development, and process improvement
- Help drive improvement and development of the Product Leadership discipline
- Help your team understand changing priorities and carry out new goals
- Embody a growth mindset and apply it in your leadership style
- Mentor new Product Leads
- 5+ years of experience in the software development industry as a Product Owner, Technical Business Analyst, Requirements Manager, Product Manager, or related position
- Experience working with clients to elicit and define requirements for multiple platforms: iOS, Android, Web, Backend technologies, etc.
- Ability to quickly spin up on any technology and understand constraints and platform-specific risks
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills, with proficiency in using user stories, acceptance criteria, requirements documentation methods, flow diagrams, and API documentation
- Ability to size solutions based on project constraints, i.e. time/scope/budget
- Working knowledge of frontend and backend technologies (i.e. web/native apps, APIs, databases)
- Expertise in identifying gaps and unknowns in requirements and facilitating resolution
- An understanding of and deep appreciation for the topic of user experience (UX) and a drive to stay up-to-date with the continually evolving landscape
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Committed to being a trusted leader and mentor
- Experience as a leader in creating a safe environment where all ideas are welcomed and considered
- Agency and/or consulting experience with a variety of clients and industries
- An understanding of the differences in capabilities across iOS, Android, Web, and TV platforms
- Experience with product research and strategy
- Knowledge of UI/UX platforms and design thinking
- Certified ScrumMaster and/or Certified Scrum Product Owner
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree celebrates our differences and provides equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.
What We'll Offer
In addition to a great culture and interesting work with opportunities for growth and development, this position is eligible for the following benefits:
- Healthcare benefits - Medical, Vision, Dental (We cover 100% of individual employee medical premiums)
- Life & Disability Insurance
- 401K matching
- Flexible paid time off & paid company holidays
- Parental Leave
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
Additional Compensation: This position will include Unit Appreciation Rights (UARs) as part of WillowTree’s Performance Incentive Program. A UAR gives you the opportunity to receive additional compensation based on WillowTree’s future revenue and gross margin performance.
*An individual's compensation is based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualifications, and other job-related reasons determined during the interview process. To drive ongoing pay equity for team members, WillowTree conducts regular compensation audits across categories of race, ethnicity, and gender.