Project Management Fellow
Who We Are
WillowTree, a TELUS International Company, is an award-winning digital product consultancy driven by innovation and grounded in strategy and user-centric design. We create long-term partnerships with the world’s leading brands to build and design digital flagship products crucial to our clients’ business needs. We’re a global consultancy with a client list that includes the NBA, Capital One, Mastercard, Charles Schwab, PepsiCo, AB InBev, Marriott, Domino's, and many more. Ultimately we measure ourselves by the outcomes we achieve for our clients.
In January 2023, WillowTree was acquired by TELUS International (Symbol: TIXT). The combined company brings an unparalleled ability to deliver customer service solutions to our clients, including apps, websites, voice experiences, content moderation, AI annotation, and customer experience representatives.
Check out what some of us love about working at WillowTree here.
Location and Flexibility
When team members told us they needed more flexibility and autonomy around where and how they worked, we acted, creating two options to accommodate two different styles of work. One non-negotiable principle along the way? We had to retain our deep culture of collaboration, both among ourselves and with our clients. Introducing Work From Near (Hybrid) and Work From Anywhere (Remote) at WillowTree. Learn more here.
This role is classified as Work From Near (Hybrid)
Our Project Management Fellowship is a highly-autonomous role with endless opportunities. You’ll partner with Fortune 500 clients to create a product vision while advising and managing scope, risk, and new product opportunities. We are an authorized skillbridge organization.
Through this program, WillowTree is seeking motivated transitioning military fellows to work and learn in our Charlottesville, VA and Columbus, OH locations. The successful candidate will participate in a practical, structured, systematic program of on-the-job training AND related instruction to develop existing military technical experience. The fellowship will be 12 weeks long and can only commence within 180 days before leaving active duty service.
*This is a hybrid position. This role is open in two locations: Charlottesville, VA, and Columbus, OH.
If you’re curious about our first Fellow’s experience, read about his experience or learn more about WillowTree Project Management.
In this fellowship, you will:
- Drive extraordinary product development, leading the creation of products that are critical to our clients’ businesses
- Lean on your stakeholder management expertise to direct effective decision-making on complex issues of scope, design, architecture, and process
- Deliver timely, tailored communication for various audiences: engineering teams, product managers, marketing partners, and C-level executives
- Effectively create, guide, and communicate the holistic (WillowTree, client, 3rd party) project plan and goals to create alignment and drive convergent implementation
- Guide the scope to encourage sustainable flow on your team while keeping focus on the key client objectives
- Adapt to changing scenarios and environments and apply appropriate project management frameworks to suit the customer and product
- Engage with clients directly to manage relationships, account details, and project scope
- Receive regular mentorship around your project and product skills, as well as have the opportunity to learn from others to build your holistic understanding of the company
- You are a military member transitioning into the private sector
- You have experience leading technical teams in the military
- You have experience leading large-scale projects
- You’ve demonstrated empathy, experience, and confidence managing projects with complex scopes and with multiple executive stakeholders
- You’re an experienced technical problem solver that can adeptly figure out how to address and communicate technical or process issues between systems (e.g., API issues vs client-side, bug management issues, etc)
- You’re an expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align client stakeholder groups on enterprise business goals
- You have a collaboration mindset that motivates clients and 3rd party counterparts
- You've managed projects in which you mentor other team members
We offer a place to be yourself.
Our differences, both visible and invisible, benefit our teams, our communities, and the products we craft. That’s why WillowTree strives to build a team with diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives. You’ll work hard here; however, we’ll balance that with a culture that supports your growth and cares about your well-being. We’re committed to creating an environment of inclusion — a place where every Tree can thrive.
We want you to reach your fullest potential and part of your professional development at WillowTree will include dedicated time to innovate on passion projects and an annual stipend to fund your professional pursuits.
WillowTree upholds our core values in every aspect of our work. We promote safe and inclusive work environments and maintain a drug-free workplace. We celebrate our differences and provide equal employment opportunities to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Diverse teams build better products. We acknowledge that the tech industry especially lacks opportunity for those who are of non-traditional backgrounds and in underrepresented groups. In order to create the best products for everyone, we know that it's important for our team to reflect the diversity of our users, and we are committed to being the change we want to see.
Something looks off?