Licensed Insurance Agent (Columbus)
The Importance of this Role
The Insurance Agent (P&C or Personal Lines License) is responsible for helping drive revenue and growth for the organization. You will be tasked with educating and advising customers on the most optimal personal lines insurance products. Matic specializes in streamlining the process for customers going through the lending process to purchase homeowners insurance. Because of that, Matic is able to deliver qualified leads to our insurance advisors, so you can spend time doing what you do best, selling insurance.
What You’ll Do
- Handle incoming calls from customers seeking a better insurance option.
- Advising customers on best home and auto insurance options in marketplace
- Actively participate in team activities, trainings, and brainstorm sessions to help shape our process.
- Staying up to date on market trends, carrier products, guidelines and procedures
- Create a five star customer service resulting in a world class customer satisfaction score
- Conduct detailed follow ups via email and phone
What You Offer
- Active Insurance License
- 1+ years of Personal Lines Insurance Sales Experience
- College degree preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong Salesmanship skills, process oriented, and a willingness to adjust process to improve sales productivity
- The ability to understand and recommend appropriate coverage and insurance options to consumers
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, passion for the product, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent ability to navigate quotes between multiple carriers, multi-tasking
- High moral and ethical integrity
- Ability to be coached, seek advice, ask question, and learn from feedback
What We Offer
- Career advancement - we have a culture that prioritizes internal promotion and career growth
- Matic Stock Options - all employees have ownership in Matic
- Uncapped Sales Commission
- Flexible Paid Time Off - take off as much time as you need - we support work / life balance
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance - Matic pays 100% for employees
- Health Savings Account - with monthly employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Option
- Continuing education - licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One Team, One Dream is our company motto
- Frequent team events & activities - happy hours, charity events, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc.
- Modern and casual office environment with various amenities - ping pong table, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar, etc.
Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.