Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and fun.
Importance of this Role
The Instructional Designer is a key part of the Learning & Development team. As an instructional designer at Matic, you will focus on designing instructor-led and self-paced learnings and develop all learning solutions using appropriate instructional development methods, including research, sourcing, design, development and maintenance of all training materials.
By utilizing methods such as ADDIE, you will evaluate functional and technical skills training that promotes effective and efficient learning for all employees within Matic’s organization. In this position, you will be facilitating developmental tests and pilot sessions to ensure effective learning of the performance-based objectives.
Additionally, this role will coordinate closely with L&D team members and key stakeholders across the organization to inspire true learning and development pathways for everyone at Matic.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop and maintain course materials including instructor manuals, participant guides, eLearning, train-the-trainer materials, job aids, evaluations, tests, etc
- Partner with key business stakeholders, collaboratively addressing strategic workforce development needs and creating optimal learning solutions for our employees
- Analyze new or changed user tasks due to new product, program, and/or process releases and upgrades
- Conduct task, needs and impact analysis using standard department techniques (ie. surveys, focus groups, interviews, etc)
- Assist with implementation of new courses, curriculum, and updates to existing materials
- Conduct evaluation tests to ensure design fulfills needs of learners
- Communicate design methodology to delivery personnel and coach them to properly deploy materials
- Analyze results and make changes to address opportunities
- Coach and mentor team members
- Lead training initiatives while ensuring projects remain on time and within budget
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritizing to ensure that deadlines are met and quality standards are upheld
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What you Offer
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in education, instructional design, training and development or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a training function either providing delivery support, instructional design services and/or building effective training programs
- Experience designing and developing blended learning solutions including synchronous and asynchronous e-learning, instructor-led training content, and supporting materials such as audio, video, simulations, toolkits, and job aids
- Experience with e-learning authoring tools such as Articulate, Captivate, or similar platforms
- Experience with other graphics and animations tools preferred: Canva, Vyond, Animaker, Spark, Stencil, Pixlr, Biteable, etc.
- Proficient Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- Organization and time management skills in spades. You’ll be handling multiple projects and deadlines that will require you to prioritize then re-prioritize… then… re-prioritize again
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to talk and write with confidence, charisma and competence for a wide variety of audiences, including management
- A mind for the details
- Agile in a fast-past environment. We move, and we move quickly. Thriving in an environment that never stops, is a must
- Works well in a time crunch. There will be multiple time sensitive requirements and you’ll need the ability to meet deliverable due dates
What We Offer
- Career advancement - we have a culture that prioritizes internal promotion and career growth
- Matic Stock Options - all employees have ownership in Matic
- Flexible Paid Time Off - take off as much time as you need - we support work / life balance
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance - Matic pays 100% for employees - $0 out of your paycheck for benefits!
- Health Savings Account (HSA) - with monthly $1,500 employer contribution
- 401(k) Retirement Plan Option
- Continuing education - licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One Team, One Dream is our company motto
- Frequent team events & activities - happy hours, charity events, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc.
- Modern and casual office environment with various amenities - ping pong table, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar, etc.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.