Licensed Insurance Agent (Remote)
The Importance of this Role
The Licensed Insurance Agent (P&C or Personal Lines) is responsible for helping drive revenue and growth for the organization. You will be tasked with educating and advising customers on the most optimal personal lines insurance products. Matic specializes in streamlining the process for customers going through the lending process to purchase homeowners insurance. Because of that, Matic is able to deliver qualified leads to our insurance advisors, so you can spend time doing what you do best, selling insurance.
This role will be remote- US based. Hours are dependent upon your location:
- Eastern Time (EST): Monday - Friday 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Central Time (CST): Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Mountain Time (MST): Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Pacific Time (PST): Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
What You'll Do
- Handling incoming calls from customers seeking a better insurance option (typically going through the mortgage process)
- Advising customers on best insurance options in marketplace
- Staying up to date on market trends and carrier products
- Make outbound calls to prospective clients, generating interest, and selling insurance
- Actively participate in team activities, trainings, and brainstorm sessions
- Be a thought leader helping to shape our process of tomorrow
- Create a five star customer service resulting in a world class customer satisfaction score
- Conduct detailed follow ups via email and phone
- Attain sales goals while providing customers with quality
- Assist Customers with the policy purchase process, verifying all the policy information prior to binding, processing payments, assisting customer with DocuSign process and reviewing settlement sheet for accuracy
- Maintains knowledge of new guidelines and procedures by reading all emails
- Responsible for keeping P&C license and continuing education up to date and within good standing
What You Offer
- Active Personal Lines or P&C Insurance License
- 2+ years of Personal Lines or P&C Insurance Sales Experience
- Experience working remote
- College degree preferred
- Ability to continue learning and growing as a professional in the industry (certifications, designations, networking, industry trade articles and books, etc.)
- Maintain positive attitude, passion for the product, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent ability to multi-task
- High moral and ethical integrity
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to recommend appropriate coverage and insurance options to consumers
- Ability to be coached, seek advice, ask question, and learn from feedback
How Matic stands out
- Career advancement - we have a culture that focuses on internal promotion and career growth.
- You have an ownership stake - all Maticians receive Matic stock options.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Company covered Health, Dental & Vision insurance for each Matician ($0 out of your paycheck for benefits), plus HSA with employer contribution.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Continuing education, licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One team, one dream is our company motto and while we are working hard to simplify the world of insurance, we never forget to play hard as well - we pride ourselves on frequent team events like happy hours, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc!
Matic is an insurance tech startup who delivers an unbiased approach to insurance. We combine a powerful digital experience with assistance from our team of trusted advisors. Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience.
Our digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.