Entry-Level Sales Representative
Importance of the role:
We are looking for a Sales Representative to increase insurance policy sales from our largest partners. You will be tasked with making connections with prospective customers to generate qualified opportunities for our insurance agents. Reporting to our insurance agency sales manager, this position offers quick upward mobility with the goal of being promoted from this role within 4-6 months. This position is held in Columbus, Ohio.
- Conduct outbound calls to prospective clients, overcome objections, and transfer qualified prospects to insurance agents.
- Ability to quickly build rapport with clients over phone, email, and text
- Run sales process effectively with organized notes and tasks for follow-ups
- Clearly articulate Matic value proposition to the consumer
- Achieve sales targets for calls, transfers, conversion, and quality
- Working with sales manager and trainer on licensing to become an agent
- Ability to overcome objections and handle adversity
- Strong work ethic and drive
- Must be a passionate individual that can convey the value of our message clearly
- Strong written skills to craft creative emails.
- Self starter mentality
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment
- No college degree necessary
How Matic stands out:
- Career advancement - we have a culture that focuses on internal promotion and career growth.
- You have an ownership stake - all Maticians receive Matic stock options.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Company covered Health, Dental & Vision insurance for each Matician ($0 out of your paycheck for benefits), plus HSA with employer contribution.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan.
- Continuing education, licensing and professional development paid for by Matic.
- A TRUE team culture - One team, one dream is our company motto and while we are working hard to simplify the world of insurance, we never forget to play hard as well - we pride ourselves on frequent team events like happy hours, game nights, volleyball/kickball teams, etc!
- Modern office environment (that’s CDC compliant!) - we have a trendy HQ in the heart of German Village in downtown Columbus with awesome amenities including ping pong tables, coffee/espresso bar, flavored water bar (sparkling or still, your choice!).
Matic is a startup with ample opportunities for growth. Since 2014, Matic has changed the landscape of the insurtech industry by integrating insurance within the home and auto ownership experience. Today, Matic’s digital insurance marketplace has over 40 A-rated home and auto carriers, as well as distribution partners in industries ranging from mortgage origination and servicing to banking, auto financing, and much more.
We hire rock stars who are passionate about owning their work and are obsessed with finding a better way. Working at Matic means working collaboratively towards one common goal; we are one team with one dream. We have a fast-paced culture that is driven by quality, transparency, and of course fun.
Here at Matic we have multiple success stories through hiring people with OR without previous sales experience.
Many of our Inside Sales Representatives were doing before continuing their career at Matic:
- Inside Sales, Outside Sales, or Account Managers
- Door-to-Door Sales
- Business Development Reps or Lead Generators
- Servers, Bartenders, or Hospitality Workers
- Field Marketers or Direct Marketers
- Teachers or Educators
- High School, College, or Professional Athletes
- Transitioning Military Service Members & Veterans
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future. This position does not offer sponsorship.