AI (Artificial Intelligence) Scientist
Do you have an interest in artificial intelligence and applied research? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being part of a high-performing research team?
If you have problem-solving skills and want to be part of a growing company named one of Dayton’s “Best Places to Work 2021”, we would love to talk with you!
Parallax Advanced Research is the home of the Ohio Federal Research Network, Launch Dayton, Academic Partnership Engagement Experiment, and more. As a non-profit organization, our vision is to be the most collaborative nonprofit innovation research leader in the Nation. Our mission is to deliver research and provide technology, human, and business solutions for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges via the science of intelligent Teaming™.
As an AI Scientist, you will be working with other research scientists, program managers, and the Director of AI/Autonomy. When working with your team you will be developing, designing, and implementing basic and applied research objectives. This includes, conducting experiments, analyzing experimental data, and reporting experimental results.
In this position, you will not only be conducting research, but also be providing scientific ideas through both presentations and written documents and assist in the development of new research directions and funding proposals.
In Addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life looks like:
- Developing and designing basic and applied research objectives.
- Implementing code to test research objectives and conduct experiments.
- Analyzing experimental data and prepare reports on experiments.
- Assisting in the development of new research directions and funding proposals.
Ideally, you have these skills and are looking for your next long-term challenge:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline such as Computer Science or Mathematics; or bachelor's degree and 3 years employment in Artificial Intelligence research
- History of participation in artificial intelligence research
- Passionate interest in developing new ideas and experiments
- Experience programming in high-level languages such as Python, Lisp, Java, C/C++
- US citizenship or green card
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistant: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition, we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.
Learn more! Visit the Parallax Advanced Research Career Page
Parallax Advanced Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.