Director of Research Intelligence
The Parallax Advanced Research Mission is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges.
The Parallax Advance Research strategic research intelligence program maps, characterizes, and leverages global innovation ecosystems for science and technology strategic decision making. The Director of Research Intelligence is responsible for directing a team of data scientists and analysts to deliver leading-edge data analytics products to State and Federal customers. This role requires understanding and implementation of state-of-the-art techniques, such as supervised and unsupervised machine learning, for the analysis of text and numerical data. The Director will also participate in the development, execution, and growth of a vibrant externally funded research and technology development portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with clients to identify and scope research intelligence tasks
- Direct staff in execution of client projects
- Develop repeatable, automated processes to reduce time and cost
- Deliver high quality, information rich reports that support decision-making
- Identify and develop new clients
- Team planning, supervision, and mentorship
- Develop and utilize state of the art methods in natural language processing, machine learning, network science, graph analytics, and scientometrics
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Master’s degree and 5+ years experience in data science
- Direct experience with DoD R&D or S&T decision making
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience with leadership of a product-oriented team
- Excellent communication skills and comfort discussing a wide variety of technology spaces
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- PhD in data science or related field
- Experience in data science to support government R&D/S&T decisions
- Experience and interest in broad range of scientific and technical disciplines
- Experience in knowledge, requirements, and needs elicitation
- Ability to obtain security clearance
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Office environment
- Possibility of travel to meet with potential customers
Parallax Advanced Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.