Research Scientist 3
Do you have a passion for research? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high-performing team?
If you have problem-solving skills and want to be part of a growing company named one of Dayton’s “Best Places to Work 2021”, we would love to talk with you!
Parallax Advanced Research is the home of the Ohio Federal Research Network, Launch Dayton, Academic Partnership Engagement Experiment, and more. As a non-profit organization, our vision is to be the most collaborative nonprofit innovation research leader in the Nation. Our mission is to deliver research and provide technology, human, and business solutions for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges via the science of intelligent Teaming™.
In the Research Scientist position you will be working with other research scientists, program managers, and the Director of AI/ Autonomy. When working with your team you will be developing, designing, and implementing research objectives.
In this position, you will also be performing data analysis, using team management skills and reporting.
In Addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life looks like:
- Develop, and execute externally funded research including but not limited to the development, design, and implementation of research objectives, performance of data analysis, program and team management, and reporting. Collaborate with existing and future research activities. Produce and present publications in relevant professional research and industry journals and conferences for the purpose of promotion of research interests.
- Build a research portfolio through identification and pursuit of research and development opportunities in the R&D field of interest. Including leading technical proposal writing, collaborative team building, and networking activities. Contribute to the writing of white papers and proposals to obtain future funding.
Ideally, you have these skills and are looking for your next long-term challenge:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrated research participation and interests
- 3+ years experience as a research scientist or related position conducting relevant research
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Proven experience building an active research portfolio and winning external funding
- Experience with DOD or IC research programs and funding (e.g. DARPA, IARPA, Air Force, Navy, Army)
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
- US citizenship
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistant: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition, we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.
Learn more! Visit the Parallax Advanced Research Career Page
Parallax Advanced Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.