Parallax Advanced Research
Do you have an interest in security and classified programs? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high-performing research team?
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We’ve been recognized as Dayton's Business of the Year in 2022 and have received multiple accolades, including being named one of Dayton's "Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winning three Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) (2022), Government Sales and Customer Service (2022), and Achievement in Science/Technology for Data Abyss (2023), and recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Above and Beyond Award.
We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include advanced research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton program. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding our organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development and workforce development.
At Parallax, we are driven by the desire to make a lasting impact. We believe in collaborating extensively, valuing the diversity of people and ideas. Our dedication to integrity and commitment to personal growth are unwavering. Transparency and effective communication are at the core of our operations. We encourage bold and innovative solutions that positively influence the world around us.
As the Assistant FSO, you will be working with the Director of Security, security division team members, and Parallax clients. When working with your team, you will be supporting the Parallax Director of Security in all aspects of personnel, industrial, and information security to ensure compliance with Department of Defense and intelligence community policies and directives.
In this position, you will not only be assisting the FSO, but also planning, implementing, and monitoring of the Parallax Insider Threat Program.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of the Assistant FSO includes:
- Assisting the FSO with the security compliance program in accordance with NISPOM and DCSA guidance
- Maintaining Personnel Security clearances and investigations and process clearance actions through the use of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), e-QIP, NISS, DISS, STEPP/CDSE, and other security related systems as needed
- Reviewing, processing, screening, and verifying content for required security forms (SF86, SF85, etc.) associated with background investigations
- Creating and maintaining security files for employees, consultants, and independent contractors.
- Providing security briefings, debriefings, awareness training and annual refresher training for personnel; maintaining records
- Processing visit requests, certifications, travel forms, special access, etc.
- Ensuring that security policy and direction are consistent with government laws and regulations, and company policies
- Providing answers/analyses to address questions and concerns from management and personnel
- Performing regular vulnerability assessments in preparation for external assessments by DCSA and otherwise ensure that the company is prepared for audits
- Establishing and maintaining successful working relationships with government and internal customers
- Performing other duties as required, including some facility project work as needed
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skills:
- Working knowledge of NISPOM requirements for possessing and non-possessing facilities
- Strong working knowledge of JPAS, DISS, SWIFT, NISS, and e-QIP.
- Experience in processing SF-86, SF-312, Security Investigations and Periodic Reinvestigations
- Must have or be able to obtain STEPP/DCSA required FSO, JPAS, and Insider Threat training
- Experience preparing and sending VARs/VALs to government; both hard copy and in JPAS for meeting requests and CAC/Badge requests
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Working knowledge of Insider Threat Program (training and preferably experience with managing/supporting such programs)
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, organize and prioritize numerous tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent customer service skills and strong professional demeanor and interpersonal skills
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered up to 8 credit hours, in addition, we cover a portion of our employee’s dependent’s, spouse, or domestic partner's tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.