Parallax Advanced Research
Do you have an interest in software development and analysis? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high-performing research team?
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We’ve been recognized as Dayton's Business of the Year in 2022 and have received multiple accolades, including being named one of Dayton's "Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winning three Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) (2022), Government Sales and Customer Service (2022), and Achievement in Science/Technology for Data Abyss (2023), and recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Above and Beyond Award.
We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include advanced research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton program. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding our organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development and workforce development.
At Parallax, we are driven by the desire to make a lasting impact. We believe in collaborating extensively, valuing the diversity of people and ideas. Our dedication to integrity and commitment to personal growth are unwavering. Transparency and effective communication are at the core of our operations. We encourage bold and innovative solutions that positively influence the world around us.
As a Software Developer, you will be maintaining an existing suite of Drupal sites, developing new Drupal sites, and working with the DevSecOps Platform team, other software developers and researchers, program managers, and Parallax clients. When working with your team, you will provide software research and development based on project needs.
In this position, you will not only be working with Drupal but also have opportunities to develop other types of software and support research and development initiatives, contributing to the growth of DevSecOps methods, tools, and resources across the organization.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of a Parallax Software Developer includes:
- Full stack developing or maintaining of Drupal implementations including new site deployments, custom Drupal module development, frontend theming customization or development, and backend development.
- Contributing to DevSecOps platform team performing routine maintenance and infrastructure as code deployments in AWS GovCloud environment.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Drupal site building experience and strong familiarity with both front- and back-end development
- Proficiency adhering to web standards
- Understanding of 508 accessibility requirements and ensures all web pages and ability to maintain sites that are compliant
- Knowledge of usability
- Proficiency with version control (e.g. Git, GitLab, GitHub)
- Ability to estimate time and level of effort for development tasks
- US citizenship
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience with build, deployment, and release automation and orchestration in a DevOps environment
- Experience with infrastructure as code environments, including Terraform or Ansible
- Experience with automating tests for determining code quality, security, performance and usability
- Experience with containerization technologies such as OpenShift, EKS, and Docker
- Experience writing and evaluating user stories, acceptance criteria, and pull-requests
- Experience supporting enterprise Cloud applications or infrastructure
- Experience with database engineering, and manipulating relational and NOSQL databases
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered up to 8 credit hours, in addition, we cover a portion of our employee’s dependent’s, spouse's, or domestic partner's tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.