Classified IT Administrator
Parallax Advanced Research
Classified IT Administrator
Do you have an interest in classified IT and security? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high-performing research team?
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We’ve been recognized as Dayton's Business of the Year in 2022 and have received multiple accolades, including being named one of Dayton's "Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winning three Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) (2022), Government Sales and Customer Service (2022), and Achievement in Science/Technology for Data Abyss (2023), and recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Above and Beyond Award.
We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include advanced research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton program. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding our organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development and workforce development.
At Parallax, we are driven by the desire to make a lasting impact. We believe in collaborating extensively, valuing the diversity of people and ideas. Our dedication to integrity and commitment to personal growth are unwavering. Transparency and effective communication are at the core of our operations. We encourage bold and innovative solutions that positively influence the world around us.
As a Classified IT Administrator, you will be working with the Director of Security and another Information System Security Officer, and Parallax clients. When working with your team, you will provide hands-on responsibility for the maintenance, performance, modification, and economical operation of all classified IT equipment and infrastructure.
In this position, you will not only be doing IT performance, but also be providing and maintaining compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and adhering to policies, practices, and procedures of CFR Part 117, “NISPOM Rule,” DoDM 5200.21 “SCI Administration,” DoDM 5205.07, “Special Access Program Administration,” and company policies, practices, and procedures.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of a Classified IT Administrator includes:
- Overseeing day-to-day classified computing operations including access control, CCTV, and classified computing assets ensuring secure functionality and “up-time” by determining work priorities and scheduling repair, maintenance, and installation of equipment in cooperation with tenant executives, department leads, and staff.
- Directing IT vendor activities and contractor Government staff assigned to SCIF work centers. Establish clear processes and consistent practices for all contracted IT work.
- Managing CISCO Call Manager and modifying user names, issue numbers, and supporting office moves.
- Maintaining accreditations through regular inspections of classified IT infrastructure. Updates System Security Plans to account for changes in systems and seeks accreditation for classified IT assets through customer channels.
- Designing, implementing, and modifying preventive maintenance programs by reviewing maintenance reports and statistics.
- Reviewing building operations, maintenance, and new construction projects to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, codes, and guidelines. Identifies and implements new standards, policies, and procedures, as needed.
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience managing classified IT systems
- Active TOP SECRET/SCI clearance.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, Intelligence Community operations and policies, specifically the Defense Joint Security Implementation Guide (DJSIG).
- Demonstrated experience in the support of multi-level secure facilities.
- Demonstrated experience in DOD security policy and procedures as well as experience in establishment and maintenance of both SCI and SAP IT systems.
- High sense of urgency, drive, and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must be available to work extended hours as needed including some evenings and weekends and be on call for emergencies.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must meet IAT level 1 qualifications for DOD 8570 Baseline.
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Demonstrated IT maintenance experience including experience scheduling and supervising the work of others.
- Experience with Security/Access Control Systems a plus.
- Technical experience in the COMSEC, OPSEC, INFOSEC, Physical Security, and Personnel Security Management.
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition, we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.