Parallax Advanced Research
Do you have an interest in national security? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high performing team?
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We’ve been recognized as Dayton's Business of the Year in 2022 and have received multiple accolades, including being named one of Dayton's "Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winning three Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) (2022), Government Sales and Customer Service (2022), and Achievement in Science/Technology for Data Abyss (2023), and recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Above and Beyond Award.
We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include advanced research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton program. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding our organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development and workforce development.
At Parallax, we are driven by the desire to make a lasting impact. We believe in collaborating extensively, valuing the diversity of people and ideas. Our dedication to integrity and commitment to personal growth are unwavering. Transparency and effective communication are at the core of our operations. We encourage bold and innovative solutions that positively influence the world around us.
As a Security Coordinator, you will be working with the Director of Security, Contractor Program Security Officer, security team members, and Parallax clients. When working with your team, you will be the entry controller and validator for access to the secured facility. The Security Administrator will assist with administration of the SAPF/SCIF and will perform duties and assignments as directed by the CPSO.
In this position, you will not only be assisting with the SAPFs and SCIFs, but also maintaining schedules of visitors and maintenance personnel, receiving and signing opening/closing the secured facility, and escorting uncleared personnel inside secured spaces for the performance of their jobs.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of a Parallax Security Coordinator includes:
- Serving as entry controller for SCIF/SAPF by validating visitors for access to facility.
- Managing daily interactions with visitors.
- Escorting uncleared contractors (e.g. Cleaners, maintenance personnel, installers) and when required and directed by CPSO.
- Scheduling maintenance and meetings within Outlook calendar.
- Enforcing security policy in and around the facility.
- Answering phones and directing customer personnel as necessary within the facility.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Opening/closing SAPF/SCIF within security policy.
- Supporting visitor check-in for large conferences.
- Supporting large (~250 person) events through the application of access lists and visitor registration. Organizing and escorting food vendors and cleaning personnel to ensure event attendees are properly cared for and attended to.
- Supporting facilities maintenance, when required, including property management, cleaning, and repair of facilities.
- Responding to alarms when required and after hours.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skills:
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have 4 years of related experience, such as signing in and escorting visitors and personnel throughout a secured facility, managing facility schedules, processing deliveries, answering and directing calls, and managing events
- Must have current Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Must be willing to submit to a Counterintelligence Polygraph
- Must be eligible for access to Special Access Program Information
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Strong communication, computer, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of US Government National Policies, NISP, NISPOM, DoD Manuals, ICDs.
- Experience with Security/Access Control Systems a plus