Senior HR Director
Parallax Advanced Research
**Senior HR Director ** Do you have an interest in HR and policies? Do you want to grow with a company that has the same passion? Do you enjoy reaching goals and being a part of a high-performing research team?
Parallax Advanced Research is a 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute based in Dayton, Ohio. We’ve been recognized as Dayton's Business of the Year in 2022 and have received multiple accolades, including being named one of Dayton's "Best Places to Work" in 2021 and 2022, winning three Gold Stevie Awards for Organization of the Year (Medium Non-Profit) (2022), Government Sales and Customer Service (2022), and Achievement in Science/Technology for Data Abyss (2023), and recipient of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve Above and Beyond Award.
We operate our mission nationally, which is to deliver innovative research and provide technology, human, and business solutions via The Science of Intelligent Teaming™ for government, industry, and academic clients with critical challenges. Our vision is to advance the Nation's innovation advantage through our work. Our services include advanced research in the areas of artificial intelligence, autonomy, human machine teaming, and unmanned aerial systems. We also manage a suite of entrepreneurial-focused networks, including the Ohio Federal Research Network and Launch Dayton program. In 2023, the 501(c)(3) private nonprofit research institute Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI) became wholly affiliated with Parallax, expanding our organization's services to include space and aerospace advanced technology research and development and workforce development.
At Parallax, we are driven by the desire to make a lasting impact. We believe in collaborating extensively and valuing the diversity of people and ideas. Our dedication to integrity and commitment to personal growth are unwavering. Transparency and effective communication are at the core of our operations. We encourage bold and innovative solutions that positively influence the world around us.
As a Senior HR Director, you will be working with COO, HR Manager, and members of Finance and the Contracts departments. When working with your team, you will be responsible for developing and executing the human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, change management, employee relations, organizational and performance management, training and development, and compensation and benefits. Functions as a strategic business advisor to senior management regarding key organizational and management issues. Provides overall leadership, guidance and hands-on support to the Human Resource (HR) function.
In addition to that, a typical day-in-the-life of a Parallax Senior HR Director includes:
- Maintaining knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Developing and implementing departmental budget.
- Providing overall direction to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compliance, compensation, and benefits.
- Establishing and implementing HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the company's mission and strategic vision.
- Developing HR plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Functioning as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each division or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues.
- Working with the company's executive management team to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the company.
- Owning Parallax's Grow Talent program designed to develop employees at all levels to become future or more effective leaders in a servant leadership model.
- Developing and implementing plans for workforce training, coordinating with other managers to determine areas that need attention and administering new training plans and practices for the organization.
- Providing active support to managers as it relates to training, performance evaluation, counseling, and development of direct reports.
- Facilitating professional development, training, and certification activities for the organization.
- Developing comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of strategic goals.
- Providing information to employees on counseling, benefits, and other services and programs available to them.
- Addresses complaints from employees and investigates any workplace situations.
- Conducting research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization's human capital management (HCM) system.
- Working in conjunction with the COO and other executives to understand the organization's goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Maintenance of human resources records and reviewing employee changes in status to ensure fair and equitable application of compensation, human resources, and employee relations policies and practices.
- Leading Talent Management yearly assessment with Parallax Leaders to continually grow talent within the organization. Implements a performance management system that achieves higher engagement, timely and accurate reflections on employee performance, and more chances to address problems in the moment.
- Developing and implementing comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective.
- Participating in compensation and benefits surveys to remain apprised of current trends, conditions, and legislative changes.
- Making presentations and recommendations to management regarding new or existing human resources policies.
- Providing guidance to managers and supervisors in the use and application of salary ranges and increase guidelines, job evaluation plans, and interpretation of human resources policies and procedures.
Ideally, you are looking for your next long-term challenge and have these skill?
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of 20 years of progressive human resources experience.
- At least ten years of human resource management experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- High-Performance Leadership characteristics
- Customer Experience Focus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to create workforce development programs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regilations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HCM.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human capital management or enterprise systems.
Furthermore, do you have, or want to develop these skills?
- Master’s degree in human resource management or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources leadership roles (manager, director, senior lead)
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or related certification
Parallax Advanced Research will help you reach your goals by offering:
- Competitive salary with annual reviews.
- Health, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-paid Life insurance, STD, and LTD.
- Roth post-tax 401(K) and/or pre-tax with a generous monthly company match, and yearly employer contribution.
- Education Assistance: employee’s tuition is 100% covered, in addition, we cover 80% of our employee’s dependent’s tuition.
- Working from home opportunities for some positions.
- PTO time, regular paid holidays, and flex paid holidays.
- Paid Military Leave, Paid Maternity, and Paternity leave, FMLA coverage for extended paid and unpaid leave, STD, LTD, and flexible hours.
- Annual PTO sell-back.