Software Engineer - Sustaining
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, April 6, 2022
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva is currently seeking multiple talented Sustaining Engineers to join our CRM Development Team. As a Sustaining Engineer, you will be charged with troubleshooting and fixing critical product issues. You’ll also help build tools for supporting and monitoring our CRM products.
What You'll Do
- Troubleshoot critical customer reported issues in the Veeva CRM products
- Learn everything about the Veeva CRM modules and use that knowledge to ensure our customers are successful
- Build tools to help with fixing and troubleshooting product issues
- Collaborate with the Development, Support, Product, and QA teams to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues
- Identify problems that may impact multiple customers
- 4+ years of experience in software support or sustaining role for Enterprise products
- Self-motivated, self-described techy/developer, eager to learn new software
- Experience with troubleshooting web and mobile apps built with Java, HTML/CSS, APEX, C#, and Objective-C
- Hands-on experience with SQL querying and working with data
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an environment with high visibility and high expectations
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills to reduce customer concerns in urgent or critical situations
- Ability to technically collaborate with product engineers while troubleshooting customer escalations
- Experience in scripting (Batch, Perl, Bash, Ruby, Groovy, or similar languages)
- We are looking for strong mentors with a proven record of making your team better
Nice to Have
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and the Force.com platform
- Experience with AWS
- Experience using Kibana
- Experience in areas of performance, security, interoperability, compatibility, usability
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Flexible PTO
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.