Senior Certification Program Manager
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva Certifications validate the knowledge and expertise of administrators using Veeva technology, services, and data products. Thousands of valuable credentials have been earned by Veeva customers, partners, and employees looking to gain job-ready skills, build confidence, and advance their careers. In this role, you will assume ownership responsibility of our current program, and implement strategies to both grow the type of credentials we offer and innovate the methods we use to assess skill and performance-based competence.
A successful candidate in this role has a successful track record leading the definition of a modern credentialing program for a range of learner personas. You can articulate the importance of reliable, fair, and relevant assessment. Candidates will be well versed in managing exam development and publishing processes as well as driving go-to-market motions associated with high-volume assessment programs. You will work closely with the curriculum development organization to align on shared personas and job-task analyses as inputs to exam and course development. An entrepreneurial attitude and passion to innovate “a cool new thing” that doesn’t yet exist is key to thriving on our team.
You must be comfortable working autonomously as well as with SMEs and stakeholders and have a natural affinity for gaining deep expertise yourself. We operate as an inclusive team of owners/builders at Veeva and expect this role to collaboratively embrace our core values of doing the right thing, customer success, employee success, and speed.
Veeva Systems does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B, OPT) for this employment position.
What You'll Do
- Lead Veevas’s current credentialing program; ensure our program processes meet industry-accepted legal defensibility requirements.
- Benchmark Veeva’s current program against other enterprise SaaS credentialing programs and develop/gain support for growth recommendations.
- Work with instructional designers and subject-matter experts to develop new badges and certifications by leading job-task analysis, exam blueprint, and item writing workshops.
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs and stakeholders to validate exam objectives, ensure technical accuracy of items, manage feedback cycles, and publish approved exams.
- Report on and communicate credential program results to cross-functional partners.
- Craft program messaging, candidate guides, FAQs, and website details; oversee all certification-related inquiries into our operations team.
- Develop and manage vendor relationships that support test development and delivery, psychometric analysis, and badging goals.
- Manage projects with accuracy, transparency, and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Develop a working knowledge of various capabilities of Veeva products and underlying technologies to become product-line conversant with a growing ecosystem of experts.
- History of building and managing successful, innovative credentialing functions.
- 5+ years experience in enterprise customer-facing curriculum or certification programs (in a SaaS environment)
- Experience with digital credentialing programs such as Credily, Accredible and Learning Experience Platforms (LXPs) or Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
- Experience with high-stakes test development and delivery; familiarity with vendors and methodologies.
- Consistent track record of accountability in delivering quality projects on time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the initiative to build collaborative, productive relationships across all lines of business.
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly take on new challenges and pivot direction if needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Nice to Have
- Masters degree in Instructional Design or related field.
- Credentialed in test development or psychometric analysis.
- Life sciences experience in pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies, or clinical research industries.
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $50,000 - $150,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.