Accounting & Finance
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 2, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on, results-driven Senior Accountant to join our rapidly growing Finance organization. This role will be responsible for supporting the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and working closely with our International Accounting Team to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting. This role reports to the Senior Accounting Manager.
What You'll Do
- Support the accounting close process for North American subsidiaries and corporate accounting while adhering to a monthly close schedule for preparing accurate journal entries and completing reconciliations timely
- Prepare monthly reconciliation and variance analyses for various accounts such as cash, investments, intercompany, fixed assets, accruals, etc., and resolve questions timely and accurately
- Support the global consolidation process
- Participate in the external audit process, with a specific focus on collecting key financial and accounting data
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with business partners to effectively deploy new operating processes and controls
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
- Support management in completing special projects and other ad hoc assignments as required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Intermediate level understanding of current US GAAP accounting
- Ability to meet deadlines as necessary and work additional hours as required
- Excellent communications skills
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others
Nice to Have
- CPA or CPA candidate is a plus
- Public Accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $85,000 - $160,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.