Senior Analyst - SOX Compliance
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 23, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
We are hiring for a motivated, confident, and highly organized Senior Analyst, SOX Compliance to assist with all aspects of our global SOX Program. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding and experience with all aspects of SOX and internal controls including risk assessment, preparation and maintenance of process documentation, enhancement of current business processes and controls, planning and conducting controls testing, assessing testing results, and ability to understand the impact of financial information systems in a high-growth environment.
What You'll Do
- Assist with the annual SOX scoping, risk assessment, and fraud risk assessment to ensure compliance with COSO standards and appropriate coverage of the SOX Program
- Partner with the business process owners during the design, modification, or streamlining of processes and controls with a focus on control rationalization and identifying opportunities for automation
- Coordinate and perform control walkthroughs both internally with process owners and externally with auditors. Provide direct assistance to the process owners as needed to facilitate efficient walkthroughs
- Assists with the identification of risks and controls and the preparation of test scripts
- Perform and document tests of design and tests of effectiveness for key controls
- Assist with assessing the results of SOX testing, including the assessment of identified control deficiencies, and work with the process owners on ensuring timely remediation
- Maintain the Company’s SOX compliance application
- Collaborate with external auditors and with co-sourced partners on the successful execution of the Company’s SOX program
- Mentor and educate internal customers companywide on internal controls and SOX compliance
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems, Business or other relevant degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in SOX compliance, internal or external audit. Public accounting experience is strongly preferred
- Understanding of ITGC and application control concepts
- Proficient in process flow mapping and control documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven, dynamic environment
Nice to Have
- SaaS industry experience
- Understanding of common SaaS applications supporting financial business processes (e.g. NetSuite, Workday)
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $75,000 - $150,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.