Senior Business Systems Analyst - Sales
IT, Sales & Business Development
dublin, oh, usa
Posted on Thursday, February 9, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst role partners closely with operations teams to create scalable solutions to business problems. In this role, you will be responsible for managing multiple projects simultaneously across sales & sales-adjacent business groups.
As projects are completed, you will own any related enhancements or process improvements as they are developed. When defects are discovered, you will work proactively with technical roles to ensure swift resolution and continuous improvement of our Salesforce platform.
What You’ll Do
- Build the foundation for projects
- Capture the business context for projects
- Facilitate discovery sessions and requirement-gathering workshops
- Diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle
- Adapt and pivot as necessary based on business needs. Be flexible
- Act as the project owner for the implementation of the solution
- Lead and manage the execution of full development lifecycle activities
- Identify stakeholders and ensure strong communication channels
- Act as the ambassador between business stakeholders and technical roles
- Define and drive schedules - create roadmaps, manage project backlogs, set delivery cadence, and proactively Identify and mitigate risks
- Work with developers, system architects, and system administrators to design solutions
- Write acceptance criteria and test scripts, perform QA testing, and guide business users through user acceptance testing
- Train peers on enhancements and conduct end-user training
- Own the continuous optimization of our production system
- Proactively monitor incoming support tickets and triage complex tickets that require requirement gathering
- Identify and act on opportunities to remove technical debt from the system
- Stay up to date with salesforce release notes and surface any relevant future platform enhancements or potential issues
- MUST Have – 5+ years of application requirements gathering and design
- Demonstrated 3+ years of experience and expertise with Salesforce applications with a focus on Sales Cloud
- Salesforce Admin certification or equivalent experience
- Understanding of application lifecycle management and SDLC
- Understanding of Sales and Revenue business functions and the objectives of the people in those roles
- Ability to comprehend and clearly articulate the “why” behind business objectives to technical peers and cross-team partners
- Comfortable working with personnel at all levels of an organization
- Experience coordinating development efforts across a hybrid team of both internal and external developers residing in distributed locations
- Skilled at taking complex, technical topics and explaining them in simple terms
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent work experience
Nice to Have
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?