Business Systems Analyst - Product Engineering Systems
Columbus, OH, USA
Posted on Wednesday, March 1, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for driving improvements in the processes and technologies utilized by our product engineering teams (development, quality assurance, product management, and operations). This role works closely with global business teams to effectively identify requirements, define scalable business processes, assess applications and recommend solutions, implement changes, manage project plans, and perform release management.
What You'll Do
- Builds the foundation for the project efforts by capturing the business context – problem definition, current state definition, objectives, business case, desired future state definition, etc.
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to the business vision
- Manage the requirements throughout the project lifecycle by establishing agreements and serving as a liaison between business users and the project team
- Facilitate discovery sessions and business process workshops
- Be able to diagram and elaborate current & future state application workflows in detail
- Act as the project manager for implementation of the solution – identify stakeholders, risk identification and mitigation, communication, define and drive schedules, and escalate internally and externally (as appropriate)
- Provide technical and functional expertise across engineering systems
- Serve as SME across various application platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify system and process improvements
- Lead and execute full development lifecycle activities - design, develop, and test enhancements in alignment with internal business process requirements
- Provide product support, track escalations, perform root cause analysis, and work with vendors to resolve issues
- Document all changes to applications per internal controls
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, release notes, and conduct end-user training
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of application requirements gathering and design
- JIRA and Confluence administration experience
- Experience with Git hosting and code review tools
- Understanding of application lifecycle management (ALM)
- Strong Business Analysis and Project Management skills
- Prior experience in release management
- High proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Solid presentation skills are desired
- Strong attention to detail, goal-oriented
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple activities and/or projects concurrently
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Commitment to excellence in the delivery of customer service
- Comfortable working with personnel at all levels of the organization
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge of Jenkins
- Groovy scripting experience
- Administration experience with testing tools
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?