Counsel - Privacy & AdTech
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company – we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
Veeva’s Legal Team is looking for an experienced data privacy attorney to join its regulatory and privacy group. We are looking for a high performer who has exceptional communication skills and is adaptable, team-oriented, loves to learn, and operates with a high degree of integrity. This position will support the data privacy needs of various Veeva data and analytics businesses (including businesses related to biopharma marketing and advertising), consumer and patient facing applications, and internal Veeva operations.
Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, we provide our clients with insights to help them make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes. Veeva knows that our employees are integral to our success, which is why we have created an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive.
What You'll Do
- Provide timely, actionable advice to Veeva business units on all aspects of their data-driven activities, with an initial focus on the use of data from various sources for marketing and analytic solutions.
- Analyze, assess, and advise on various global regulatory schemes to identify applicable data protection laws, regulations, best practices and legal and regulatory risks to the business. Advise the business units on compliance and risk mitigation strategies.
- Help ensure Veeva’s data collection, use, and sharing practices align with applicable laws, regulations, self-regulatory principles, and standard methodologies.
- Partner with the business to develop customer-facing materials in support of Veeva’s compliance program.
- Draft, review, and improve various agreements, policies, and procedures, ensuring alignment with applicable laws, regulations, self-regulatory principles, and internal practices.
- Provide drafting and negotiation assistance for various commercial transactions, as related to Veeva, its customers’ and suppliers’ regulatory and privacy compliance commitments and obligations.
- Draft and negotiate all forms of privacy and security agreements.
- Support the administration of Veeva’s global privacy program, including through policy and procedure drafting, training, monitoring, and reporting. Recommend and implement improvements and innovations to the privacy program and related processes.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school with strong academic credentials.
- Active member of the state bar where you reside.
- 3+ years’ relevant experience at a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Knowledge of and direct experience with the regulatory environment affecting advertising and privacy, and applying that in a business environment, in particular in the United States and Canada.
- Experience working in a cross-functional collaborative environment and independently.
- Ability to self-motivate.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with the B2B and B2C aspects of the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Experience negotiating various types of agreements, such as AdTech agreements, data processing agreements, and business associate agreements.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. Position may not be eligible for remote work in Colorado.
See more open positions at Veeva Systems
Something looks off?